This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Question about terminology HBP

Started by Josh Hillis, April 18, 2014 · 3 Replies · 122 Views

Josh Hillis

This is sort of a silly question, but I'm curious about gymnastic terminology.

In the hollow back press, is the "hollow back" the same as an "arch body hold"?

Is "hollow body" one way, and "hollow back" the other way? I've been toly wondering that ever since I started foundation, and working in my HBP PE's.

Joshua Slocum

HBP should ideally be performed with a hollow body. 

 

You will often see people arching the lower and/or upper back because this makes the movement easier. 

Josh Hillis

Thanks guys! I totally appreciate your replies.

I read that thread like five times over to try and get it.

That makes sense with why I was confused - I think I've only seen videos of people doing it with an arch.

The one thing that still isn't clear to me (no matter how many times I've read that thread). I get that "a hollow is a hollow and an arch is an arch" but I'm not sure exacty what that is saying.

Is *Hollow Body* always like the Hollow Body Hold in the FL/PE's?

Or are we talking about Hollow in two different directions (back/front)?