If I start training the straddle-sit, is there enough overlap that it will help later in developing a L-sit/V-sit? Or are they different enough that I would be better off doing both?
Thank you
Started by GeoffeyLevens, March 31, 2014 · 4 Replies · 2,439 Views
If I start training the straddle-sit, is there enough overlap that it will help later in developing a L-sit/V-sit? Or are they different enough that I would be better off doing both?
Thank you
There's overlap in the support factor, but straddle L is all hips and angling, and the shoulder position is different. Working both would be better ![]()
Thank you Jon. Will do!
Jon Douglas said:There's overlap in the support factor, but straddle L is all hips and angling, and the shoulder position is different. Working both would be better
I couldn't do one of them but somehow mastered the straddle L first! I can hold an L on floor for about 20 secs, but straddle L for nearly 40! I don't know, I find it a lot easier once I have got the balance!
I think you should do both, although I have the feeling that they are more similar compared to V-Sits! I think Vs require A LOT more shoulder/triceps/straight arms strength compared to L-Sits or Straddle Ls!
Thanks. Did both this morning and they were quite different enough to be glad I did. And yes, the straddle seems to take more balance and though the support is the same it is at a different angle and the legs-up parts are quite different. Wish I had a wider straddle
Oh well, practice makes better...