Shoulder Strength

Started by Walt Peacock, April 27, 2009 · 5 Replies · 3,951 Views

Walt Peacock

I have very weak shoulders and need some help finding exercises that will help me build strength and flexability in them quickly. Any advice would be great! At this point I can do about 10 wall assisted HSPUs. What can i do to build my shoulders to blast through this plataeu?

Thanks,

Walt

Coach Sommer

Working Wall Runs and XR HS will give the quickest return on investment for increasing shoulder strength.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Walt Peacock

Thanks Coach! I appreciate the help!

sasquatch

Will handstand wall runs help planche strength also?

One thing I'm doing that's getting my shoulders stronger is holding dumbells in planche and maltese positions while laying on my back.

Walt Peacock

Cool, thanks for the tip I may try that out.

Coach Sommer
Will handstand wall runs help planche strength also?

No, training HS Wall Runs will not have a significant direct effect on planche strength. However I will say that first developing a solid handstand and lock arm press handstand, especially when performed correctly on the rings, will substantially increase the speed with which specific planche development may take place.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer