help with handbalancing

Started by mr. nice guy, April 25, 2009 · 2 Replies · 2,251 Views

mr. nice guy

hey everyone i have never done any gymnastics type training before i am 5'4 15 years old.

I have found a hobie in handbalancing and i want to become stronger

my goal

10 planche pushups

100 pushups

stradle to handstand

and 20 handstand pushups

if i want to complete these goals should i train in progressive exercises and negatives

and practise handstands regularly. I plan to have a weekly regime could anyone give me advice on what to put in it

gymrob

Hi mr nice guy,

Firstly welcome. My main suggestion would be to read Ido Portal's and Coach Sommers posts on this forum and to buy Coach Sommers book. He also has a handstand book coming out soon which will help with handbalancing. Concerning your goals, I would say that they are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum. Acheiving 10 planche pushups and 100 pushups are two very different endeavours. The 100 pushups is far more endurance orientated. You are maybe spreading your goals too wide.

Best of luck.

mr. nice guy

thnxs