Hey guys!
I've been doing Gymnastics training for a few years now, beginnning with the original books training regime ssc isometrics combined with scaled WOD'S when they were still around. I recently started doing F1 and have been doing that for the past couple of months But I've hit a big wall and noticed my motivation going down-hill lately when it comes to training.
I've come to the conclusion that for me, I need some variety and workouts that keep me guessing and I find fun!
So i've come up with a routine for myself and would love some advice if possible. below are some notes I've put together. Conditioning days will generally involve different workouts, combined tabata, deck of cards, etc!
Testing one results (late feb 2014) -
Pullups - 6 max great form
Pushups - 30 max great form
Ring dips - 6 max good form
Ring Rows - 6 Max good form
MONDAY - Skill/Max Strength Day
TUESDAY - GTG Oap/Pistol Squat
WEDNESDAY - Skill/Conditioning Day (ict)
THURS - GTG Pullup/Pistol Squat
FRIDAY - Skill/Max Strength Day
Sat + Sunday off
GOALS -
SKILLS - Planche, Front Lever, Back Lever.
PUSHING - One arm Pushup
PULLING - One arm chinup
Order of business -
Warmup
skill work
Main exercises
Cool down
EXAMPLE MAX STRENGTH WORKOUT -
1. Warmup
Skill work (ISOMETRICS, total 60 secs aggregate work, following ssc)
Bodyweight Super Man (back lever)
Hollow hold (planche, front lever)
German Hang (back lever)
Dead hang (front lever)
3. Main Workout
A1. Pullups 3 x 5
2 mins rest
A2. Planche Pushups 3 x 5
2 mins rest
Repeat x 3
B1.Ring Rows
2 mins rest
B2. Ring Dips
2 mins rest
Repeat x 3
C1. Handstand Pushup Progression
C2. Pistol Squat
Cool down/prehab/core circuit.
Notes -
8-10 rep range it’s time to move up
25-30 isometric holds its time to move up
2-3 minutes at least rest for pure strength work Pavels 3-5 rule which is 3-5 exercises for 3-5 sets of 3-5 repetitions
Full body workouts.
Rest 2 - 3 minutes always between max strength sets
Deload week every 4 weeks.
Test every 5.