This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090420

Started by Coach Sommer, April 20, 2009 · 10 Replies · 1,546 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090420.jpg

Complete four rounds:

10 Naners

1 - 15' Cirque

5 Negative Back Pulls

notes:

1) You may rest 30 seconds between exercises and 2-3 minutes between rounds.

2) Naners are found on BtGB, pg. 107.

3) Perform the Negative Back Pulls as slowly as possible with the most challenging body position that you are currently capable of.

4) Stretching the wrists aggressively between rounds will help to hold off grip/forearm failure as long as possible.

Ryan Hutchins

For those who had no idea what Naners are.....

they are a pullup pullover to support. Once you get to support you do a forward roll striving to get your chin back on top of the bar. You let your legs swing back naturally and then you do another one.

heinrich

I did 3 rounds:

5 clapping Pullups

1 - 11' rope climb with no legs (come down as slowly as possible, last descent was pretty fast :oops: )

5 negative back pulls (tuck, descent was about 10 seconds)

30 seconds of rest between excercises, 4 minutes of rest between rounds

Rope climbing is a hell of an exercise :!:

Your athletes who perform cirques, hopping ascents or with weight vests must be extremely light weighted or extremely strong or both :shock:

RESPECT!

Hayden Whealing

Could someone post a video of naners ?

Nobodystopsdblob

Complete four rounds: only 2 rounds

10 Naners could not do a naner because I misunderstood the directions. Instead did 10 forward rolls which was the first time I did them

1 - 15' Cirque 5 towel pullups and 5 OAC negatives each side

5 Negative Back Pulls did full back lever 1st set and for 3 reps of second. Did tucked for last 2 reps

FYI, I searched pullovers after the workout on youtube and found a bunch of videos that were may more helpful than what I was reading in the book. I confused myself reading the book and thought I was going to do a pullup, tuck and then kip to a support (with a muscle up transition). So, yeah, I failed my literacy test.

Ryan Hutchins

lol... i was gonna post directly what was in the book but i read it and said "what". If i wasn't a gymnast i would have no idea what this is. I get to do this tomorrow when i go to the gym... Excellent :twisted:

Coach Sommer
I confused myself reading the book and thought I was going to do a pullup, tuck and then kip to a support (with a muscle up transition). So, yeah, I failed my literacy test.

This confusion is not uncommon for people who do not have a strong gymnastics background. Which is also the very reason for the Companion DVDs existence; they are specifically designed to bridge this gap in experience.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ryan Hutchins

alright... well i did 4 rounds of this piece after a warm up of 3 rounds of 15 dips, pullups, situps, back extensions and Samson stretches. Now let me just mention that the warmup was very helpful in my IronX training. But today it was rough. but i did 2 rounds which took longer than i thought. i had to teach classes. Then i returned to do the final 2. I needed that rest without a doubt. Naners are killer and force you to focus on correct form. I had to do those circues too for the fist time which nearly killed me. plus my wrist was killing me on the back lowers. but i did it. my arms were so swollen that kids were afraid of me (no exaggeration).

All in all.... I LOVE THIS. The only thing was i was too wiped out to do any gymnastic training. But with time i suppose that will go away. But I am very happy to have found this website. Thx Coach! :mrgreen:

Blairbob

Ryan, skill work before conditioning-man. CFWU eh?

Naner's that fail are painful. Very. I did 5 instead yesterday and the rope climbs were pathetic. Basically climb up with feet and lower down slowly one arm at a time while my feet were on the rope and the other hand was on the rope. Sort of like those assisted OAC.

the negative back pulls became pretty laughable as well.

i made one of the boys do 5 pullovers, 1 rope climb-straddle down and then 5 negatives and it was tough for them. the other did 3, basically one rope climb and 5 skin the cats with bent arms on the way up. 2 rounds and they were toast since they did 3 rounds of 5 dips and leg lifts before to start ( need leg lift strength for kip and general dip strength ( dips were on PH ).

for us coaches at gym, i think we need to get in before we coach and do our skill work, then refuel and go coach classes and then making sure we've kept hydrated and fueled hit the wod at the end of the day. of course, we could also just do skill work and then hit the wod before coaching as well but i just haven't gotten around to gettin in soon enough. ideally i would do that.

Ryan Hutchins
Blairbob said:
Ryan, skill work before conditioning-man. CFWU eh?

yeah i was going for Coaches "my boys do this" technique. Clearly i need to work up to it. He said his boys do their physical preparation first and THEN they move on to their skill work feeling relatively fresh. Strength to weight..... moving 170 pounds around a bar and a rope for 25 minutes is exhausting. But if a 6 year old does it for fun so can i.

Naner's that fail are painful. Very. I did 5 instead yesterday and the rope climbs were pathetic.

yeah they keep trying to get to your mommy daddy button every time you slack on one. Painful :shock:

for us coaches at gym, i think we need to get in before we coach and do our skill work, then refuel and go coach classes and then making sure we've kept hydrated and fueled hit the wod at the end of the day. of course, we could also just do skill work and then hit the wod before coaching as well but i just haven't gotten around to gettin in soon enough. ideally i would do that.

it seems to be very hard to coach and DO. But well worth the effort. This forum keeps me going tho. Today i get even more pain!

umm, did you forget to input some text as a response?