Question about Foundation 1 courses

Started by Fruloops, March 8, 2014 · 6 Replies · 2,853 Views

Fruloops

Hello,

so I'm a 18 year old climber from Slovenia and while looking around the internet for some conditioning excercises after I had an injury and I couldnt climb around I saw the gymnastic bodies course. What I like about it is the fact that it seems very structured, progressions and everything, so you know you are going somewhere. Now I'm thinkin about buying the Foundation 1 course and then onward to others if I'll like it.

 

I have a question though. I have had a glance at the book Building the gymnastic bodies, just to know what I am getting into. Now, in the book there are several gymnastic movements from planche to front lever and so on, and I am just curious how does Foundation 1 progress through the movements.

 

The question is: Do you train one movement to another in like a X- week ( for ex: 8 week) circle OR do you practice more progressions at once. Example being, do you practice like planche progression, Front L. progression on day one and so on, OR do you first go through X-week circle of performing Front L. progressions and after you are done with it, you continue to another X-week circle of lets say planche progressions.

 

TL;DR: Do you perform progression for multiple elements ( Front L., planche, w/e) at once OR do you focus on progressions for one element only untill you complete them all and then move to another element?

 

Sorry for the wall of text, I just couldnt ask differently

Have a nice day,

George

Duff

Another Slovene, we're growing in numbers! Dobrodošel na forumu :).

 

To answer you question, you train progressions for all of the 7 elements Foundation covers simultaneously. 

Kopavski

just saying zdravo here :D 

MvdB

This has nothing to do with anything but I proposed to my wife in Slovenia in 2012 :)

Bipocni

Well, it wouldn't really make sense to build a front lever but not a planche, would it?

 

If you only worked one exercise at a time, you'd lose strength in your previous one by the time you got back to it, and you'd never make any progress...

Fruloops

Thank all of you guys for this great response in such short time, I'm seriously considering gettin my hands on foundation 1, cause it seems such a well-rounded programme pretty much very well structured and also, it might greatly benefit my climbing if I were to get some more strenght and flexibility or somethin.
 

Ne bi si mislu, da bo tolko ljudi navalilo na ta post s tem da so iz slovenija haha, lep pozdrav tudi vama :)

 

Thanks again for all the answers :D

Anze Merh

Še en Slovenec se javla!

Keeping with English, though, all the best with your foundation journey. Also, please tag yourself on the community map!