Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, first post!
So here's my current situation : I'm 18 years old, I have been training what we call ''streetworkout'' for a whole year now. I've never used any weights, except for weighted calisthenics occasionnaly. I can do about 25 pull pull ups, 40 dips, and 70 pushups perfect form. I'm in good shape, I can do L-sits, muscle ups, elbow levers, and few other stuff.
Now, I've recently found about this book, ''Building the Gymnastic Body'', and making my research, I've finally decided to buy it.. So far, I have to say it's great, the progressions are amazing !
However, this book gives excellent progressions, but does not tell you HOW to use the progressions.. That's what I want to know!
How do I work? should i seperate it one day pressing, one day pulling, etc. ? Should I seperate it one day holds, one day bodyweight? Or should I split exercies and form a chest day, shoulder day, etc. ? Or should I work everything in one day? Or should I pick up a few exercices of my level and work in cycles (like circuit training) ?
How many reps, sets should I do? Should I do cycles, or one exercice at a time with sets?
( Main goal: gaining pure brutal gymnastic strength)
How do I know when it's time to upgrade in the progressions?
You know, all those questions we probably all asked ourselves when getting this amazing book !
Please, help me .. I have no idea how how do I progress in this discipline, and set this up...
THanks in advance !