This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Planche Lean Form Check
Started by Andre737, March 2, 2014 · 14 Replies · 787 Views
Looks pretty good initially, but try and get some shots side on so we can see the degree of lean, hollow and protraction in one go.
The wrists will adjust over time.
Looks good. Protraction and hollow look solid, and you are wearing socks on a wooden floor, making it harder.
I think that degree of lean is enough for mastery, but the more you can get the better.
Good, good, good! Nice work there! Personally, I'll lean a little bit more and I would start to add volume to that form. Nice tension, nice body shape, nice protraction... nice nice ![]()
Thanks for your comments!So I will try to lean a bit more and build volume on that new form!
Hi Andre
Great work! How long has it taken you to get to this level of lean?
Ive been working on these for around 3, maybe 4 months now but am still not yet at this level of lean.
Can anyone else comment what sort of time we can expect to work on these for?
Cheers guys
I started PLL about 4 weeks ago and I can do at the moment 5x20s.DonGray said:Hi Andre
Great work! How long has it taken you to get to this level of lean?
Ive been working on these for around 3, maybe 4 months now but am still not yet at this level of lean.
Can anyone else comment what sort of time we can expect to work on these for?
Cheers guys
On the previous PE's I really focused on maximum protraction so I guess that prepared me pretty good for the PLL.
Andre, when it comes to planche leans, it always comes to my mind the following:
https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5959-scapula-position-for-basic-and-static-exercises/
So, i think that you are quite getting on it. You may opt to protract (and round your upper back) a little bit more in order to lean some distance further, as Dillon does.
Looks good. Good protraction and body line.
More lean (not so much, just a little bit more) but you've everything else OK so that's the most important thing.
Keep going!
I may be way off on this, but I wonder if you've got too much abdominal compression when holding the lean. This seems to pike your hips a little, and brings them closer to your hands without requiring as much lean.
If you look at the video of Allan doing this element, between 0.03 and 0.04 you can see that although he maintains posterior pelvic tilt, he drops his hips slightly and subtly straightens his lower torso so that by the end of 0.04 there is minimal to no pike left.
I've been working on this detail for the past month, and feel that it's helped my form quite a bit. The other thing I've found that helped was starting with my hands slightly wider than shoulder width (as I think Allan does in the vid) and turning my hands out a little more.
I'm no expert though so I would wait and see what others have to say before changing things up.
I also have a slight pain in one of my wrists that seems to create a stiffness. It's an on and off kinda thing. Then, about a week ago I came across another post with a diagram depicting the points of the hand that should contact the floor. It was a yoga hand position image. I'll try to find it and repost the link. I tried it and it instantly improved my lean with no pain. It may help you too.
Here's the link
Seemed to me as if my fingers were too flat on the ground which causes something to happen in my wrist.
-MR said:I may be way off on this, but I wonder if you've got too much abdominal compression when holding the lean. This seems to pike your hips a little, and brings them closer to your hands without requiring as much lean.
If you look at the video of Allan doing this element, between 0.03 and 0.04 you can see that although he maintains posterior pelvic tilt, he drops his hips slightly and subtly straightens his lower torso so that by the end of 0.04 there is minimal to no pike left.
I've been working on this detail for the past month, and feel that it's helped my form quite a bit. The other thing I've found that helped was starting with my hands slightly wider than shoulder width (as I think Allan does in the vid) and turning my hands out a little more.
I'm no expert though so I would wait and see what others have to say before changing things up.
Thanks for your reply.Not quite sure about this.I think my body line is ok and there is not too much piking at the hips, but I tried your advice today and it also felt good this way.Is there any benefit if I keep my hips lower?
Here is a pic with the hips lower :