Hey there,
I would think I´m not the first to ask this but i couldn´t find an answer.
what about the exercise order?
i guess i should use the order in the weekly shedule?!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Maurizio Titz, February 28, 2014 · 28 Replies · 1,236 Views
Hey there,
I would think I´m not the first to ask this but i couldn´t find an answer.
what about the exercise order?
i guess i should use the order in the weekly shedule?!
I do FL/sPL/RC/HBP one day and SL/MN/SLS on the other, in that order.
Joakim Anderson said:I do FL/sPL/RC/HBP one day and SL/MN/SLS on the other, in that order.
Why do you put RC before HBP?
Pressing right after planche is pretty intense. I perform better with the RC inbetween.
Tell me about it! 5x15r scapula shrugs before 5x15r push ups was murder. I'd just assumed Coach was a sadist.
Hehe exactly, and xiaopengs on top of that. I prefer resting those muscles a little by doing RC before HBP. I've seen some other people on the forum change the order too.
I changed e order because RC pe6 was doi weird this to my elbows which push ups seemed to help if done afterwards but that's no longer an issue so I switched back to normal because I figured when I reach the spl/se's then being able to do planche leans followed by ppp would be very beneficial when working on the se and their ims in foundation 2.
I don't believe the order is written in stone. I'd suggest working your weakest links first, and your strongest links last. For me, I always start with Manna and sPL because they are weakest. I'm tempted to start with the ones I like best, but that would only exaggerate by imbalances!
I personally do HBP, RC, sPL, FL in this order
i do SL/H1/MN on monday, sPL/FL/SLS on wednesday and HBP/RC on friday because my regeneration is bad. if i do all the workouts twice a week my elbows would start to hurt because i need at least 1 rest day between a workout. although i must say i give everything every workout. sometimes i do 6 or 7 sets in my planche or handstand training for example or just play around a little until i am fatigue.
I do HBP, SPl, FL and RC on upper days, and then MN, SL and SLS.
I'm considering changing it to FL, SPl, SL and SLS and MN, RC and HBP.
That's interesting, Aadil. I was wondering about moving SL with the other exercises, because now i'm on elements that are very similar to the MN elements and it seems like it would be nice having them on separate days.
Right now, I can do SL with SPl because the Frog Stand isn't so tough for me, the iM is awful though. And I feel like RC and HBP could benefit from being done on separate days, especially since week 10 for both is killing me.
Guys: one of the primary goals of the Foundation series is to build up your work capacity. If you can't handle FL/sPL/RC/HBP in the same day, how are you supposed to handle rings training: F7 warmup followed by LARS, BL, rSPT and rMU?
I honestly never considered that..
Wow, thanks.
Pardon my curiosity, but what is rSPT?
ring support
Joshua Slocum said:Guys: one of the primary goals of the Foundation series is to build up your work capacity. If you can't handle FL/sPL/RC/HBP in the same day, how are you supposed to handle rings training: F7 warmup followed by LARS, BL, rSPT and rMU?
actually if you didnt master all f4 elements i see no point in doing f7 as a warmup or on one day. the capacity comes after the strength part. for example i mastered a lot of f2 elements and i could easily do f7 on one day with f1 elements but there is no point doing f7 with elements i am still struggleing with
Joshua Slocum said:Guys: one of the primary goals of the Foundation series is to build up your work capacity. If you can't handle FL/sPL/RC/HBP in the same day, how are you supposed to handle rings training: F7 warmup followed by LARS, BL, rSPT and rMU?
So only changing the order of the exercises of the elements performed on specific training days is not a bad idea? I am mostly talking about an order like the one you mentioned FL/sPL/RC/HBP one day and SL/MN/SLS.
Since performing HBP not after planche work but after RC will enable us to move faster through foundation especially on F1 where mostly endurance is needed. It is good to know from people who have progressed or Coach would be even more responsible to answer this in order not to make a mistake which will later hinder our progress on Rings series and e.t.c.
The actual weekly training split used is a matter of personal preference and should reflect your individual recovery; as long as you master the material and strive to increase your work capacity to the point where F7 becomes your warmup for ring strength as Joshua pointed out.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:The actual weekly training split used is a matter of personal preference and should reflect your individual recovery; as long as you master the material and strive to increase your work capacity to the point where F7 becomes your warmup for ring strength as Joshua pointed out.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
F7 as warmup, does that entail performing mastery level sets and reps of all 7 exercises, or just a couple of sets, or what?
Forgive me, but of course it means mastery level sets. For example if you cannot easily perform RC for multiple reps and sets in your warmup you are not yet strong enough for focused ring strength training.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Ravn: in R1 there is a warm up written out.
Coach Sommer said:Forgive me, but of course it means mastery level sets. For example if you cannot easily perform RC for multiple reps and sets in your warmup you are not yet strong enough for focused ring strength training.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Figured this was the case. I was just wondering if it's a complete F7 workout (five sets of everything), or if it's reduced in terms of volume, like two-three sets. Guess I'll have to buy the course to find out.
Anyway, it's just curiosity, I'm a long way from finishing foundation. It's just nice to have an idea of what we're working towards.
Ravn, it's not a complete F7 workout, but it is going to require significant work capacity and comfort with the progressions. It's actually quite a bit more involved than just saying a few sets of everything. it's well thought out and more tweaked or customized than just saying do a set number of sets of such and such. It's well layed out in the course materials, so when you purchase your questions will be answered. I bought it even though i'm not ready yet, mostly because it helps keep me motivated to see what lays down the road in a year or two. I can see, though, why it's recommended to finish F4 before beginning, however.