36 and broken but slowly being fixed with Foundation and Handstand work. Hopefully will be able to report in a couple of years time that I feel like 18 again. ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Curious about ages
Started by Steve Maher, February 27, 2014 · 68 Replies · 2,741 Views
25, and I've given myself a promise to be able to hold manna before I'm 30, so there's atleast 5 years until I become rly awesome
19...20 next month. Have been doing calisthenics for about a year now but just purchased F1/HS1 about an hour ago! Im super excited, love the progressions. Hoping to fix a knee/shoulder issue!
28 years old in human years. 1 year old in GST years.
Awesome SoyeBoy! I'm 45 human and an infant in GST!! I hope to mature faster in the GST than real age.
Just turned 24 on April 24th and started my gst life this month. Hopefully I can complete F1-4 by 30.
32 since yesterday ![]()
41 and counting
Hi. This is my first post and I'm inspired by the range of ages .
I'm 40 yrs, 6'3 202 lbs. I just started F1 and H1 last week, so far it's been exactly what I was looking for.
55 and feeling great. Foundation has helped. Progress is being made at different levels for each element. Handstand 1 is just plain fun. Looking forward to improved results.
I am 51 and convinced this is the way to go due to the progressions and mobility excercises
37 later this year. Always been active, history of kung fu and yoga. I feel I am currently in the best shape I have ever been since starting gymnastic training some 3 years ago and foundation series last year. Now I have a scoliosis, spinal curve, it's not huge but does affect my spinal mobility a little but my mobility is improving none the less :-) the body will slowly adapt to the stresses you put it upon it, slowly but surely!
35 years old. At the age of 33 I decided I wanted to learn an Iron Cross annd nothing was going to stop me. Then I jacked up my elbow ![]()
Finally made the jump to foundation and I'm working my way through it (slower than I'd like, but thems the breaks)
29 hitting 30 july 6th and zero ACL knee ligament in right knee lol.... i was big into weights but realised although i was in good shape i wasnt in good condition or as strong as id like. So purchased f1 and h1 ... best thing ive done training wise, looking forward to a healthier and stronger body.
Hoping this helps with my stunt training. Training wise i do F1 four times a week split routine. H1 twice a week training it after MN SLS sl... and swim 3 times a week.
43 here. Judo, my main sporting activity, is not tender on the body. It's one of those things they say you have to be fit to practice rather than practice to be fit. It requires to work on the side on strength and conditioning, especially if you don't want to just stand on the sidelines playing the old wise judoka during sparring (oh I could have done that if not for this shoulder injury, you know). Most of the judokas my age have lower back, shoulder and/or knee problems, myself included, from the rotational movements and focus on using upper body strength and pulling motions, plus a whole assortment of various injuries (fingers, ribs, neck) from the gripping, grappling and falling. Before Judo, I played rugby which isn't exactly tender on the body either.
I am still not too sure about what I've gotten myself into after only one week on the program, but if it can help with both strength and mobility issues, I'm willing to give it a try. Honestly, tying myself down to strict training cycles is something I haven't done before and will require some getting used to. I hope to be reporting back in a few months on a successful, albeit from seeing other posts, probably slow progress.
I'm realizing, more and more, that slow progress is good. I speak for me only here, but that is what I learnt after 1 year (sharp) of F1.
I'm 24 but I have the mobility of a 'typical' 80 year old man (not the guy in the video above
). At this rate I'm going to complete all the rest of foundation before I complete swivel hips ![]()
Thank you all of you over 40 people, today I really needed some inspiration.
I am 44 and soon to be 45. Just started F1 and H1 this week and it was the most humbling experience.
I have had my share of injuries and spent the most part of 2014 recovering from an achilles tendon rupture. Also have have shoulder, hip, and back issues. The emphasis on mobility and connective tissue strength of this program, together with the skill goals, seems to suit my needs.
My goals - go as far as possible for as long as I can. Maybe recover some resilience and explore other activities with this base.
33 and 5'7 and 190-195 pounds depending on the day.
Goals are to get down to 170 pounds and eventually complete f4 and h2.
Really enjoying the mobility and strength balance, my body is definitely slowly getting more and more happy with me, which is definitely needed with 40+ hours a week sitting at a desk......