44 years old here. Shoulder and back issues have kept me less active than I would have liked over the years but I think I'm on top of them now and trying to make up for lost time.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Curious about ages
Started by Steve Maher, February 27, 2014 · 68 Replies · 2,741 Views
44 as well. I have been piecemealing gymnastics training from various sources for years. Feels right to have focus now that I have begun F1 an H1 this week.
Nearly 28. I'm baffled as to how many people here are over 20's and how little are under it. Glad to see older folks ripping benefits and satisfaction from this kind of WO!
Iguanus, I wish someone would have turned me on to this training at that age. Although I am stronger, more mobile, flexible, faster and healthier then I was before 30.
29 yr old here. Been interested in gymnastics since I was around 25 and have been switching between programs and disciplines with mixed success until F1. I am confident that the F, H, R series will be keeping me busy for another 5-10 years.
29, soon to be 30. Quality of work seems to be more of importance nowadays.
Will be 60 in August. Have been doing Crossfit for a while but realised I needed to work on mobility and strenght, in that order, to avoid injury. Have only just started GB FS and HS and have set a target to do a handstand this year.
Am active in the outdoors and intend to follow the GB program with one Crossfit session at my local box per week.
Thoroughly agree that recovery seem to take a bit longer when you get older but eating right has helped me tremendously in reducing recovery times. Am eating Paleo with carbs when I have done a metcon.
Plenty of oldies about here. I'm 50 and still aiming to be twice what I was at 25.
28 here. Background in kung fu, MMA, grappling and kettlebells. Far more mobile than strong, in contrast to most here.
Manna before 30 or bust!!
Turning 34 in a months time. Still just a kid ![]()
51 in a month. I thought Age was just a number and I still like to think that but recovery does take longer...
I am 31 and just started F1/H1 a few weeks ago. I have been doing crossfit for over 3 years and still can't really do main movements. I barely can do a deadhang pull up barely can do a dip, no hspu's, push ups fatique quickly but can say they are definitely better than when i started as i can actually touch chest to ground now. I figured I need to build a base strength because I just get frustratd when I can't do the exercises. It is a bit harder for me as I am a taller female almost 6' so things take a lil longer to develop it seems like. I am excited to see where this program takes me.
Turning 50 in August. I got in contact with GST because I simply wanted to learn an official handstand - a banana was not an option. I started to play with F1 and H1 last October and got really serious after a GST seminar in London in January. Right now I´m at PE5 in some exercises - but on the other hand still chewing on rather simple things like ABH. So strength is not my major issue - too often it´s the lack of mobility that eats up too much power. But I´m working on that. Overall I´m glad to experience that with patience and grit even a senior student can make progress... ![]()
40 is the new F1.
16. I was in the pursuit of finding sports that created the best overall base and thought of gymnastics. I searched online and every question I had was answered in these forums. The power of the search tool, haha. I'm grateful for all the knowledge that everyone's sharing! It's an amazing community!
I'm 53 years old. I won 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals in wrestling, cross country running and baseball (best league batting avg one year) in my younger days. As my youth faded my facia and joints got out of whack probably because I didn't stay active with sports and exercise.
After about 1 1/4 yrs of Foundation 1 I'm finding out it gives me the strength and mobility I need to improve my posture and move better in day to day living.
Wish I had found the 7 basic Gymnastic Strength Training™ exercises when I was a younger man and a world class coach to go with it. Moving forward...glad I found them now!
48, got H1 and F1 for birthday back in October and have made great, if slow progress. The other day spend day moving 3 tones of concrete in a wheelbarrow up a grass slope. Back ached by the end of the day but next day felt fine. I put this down to F1, thanks coach and forum members.
Richard
35. 6'1" 185 lbs. Fairly active my whole life, but finally making consistent progress with strength and mobility with Foundation. Wish I had this 20 years ago, so I try and share with everybody I can.
In 15 days I'll have 25 y.o. Spring of life. Yiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaa!
27.5 years young... Age is just a number...
Spphysio said:27.5 years young... Age is just a number...
I can tell the difference, give it another 15 or 20 years.
If you respect and you treat your body with quality nutritious food and train it (mobility, cardiovascular conditioning, Strength training e.t.c.) your body will always be young I believe. There are many examples... ![]()
And of course no alcohol, no Smoking e.t.c. and quality sleep.
30. They say the thirties are the new twenties...
27 turning 28 on may 24th, im 6'1 162-164 lbs around 8-10% body fat. Im looking to finish the foundation series and the handstand series in the next couple of. I have also been doing basic hand balancing the last year or so, i went to one of ido portals workshop and also one of yuri marmersteins. I learned a lot at these workshop i recommend them to anyone that want to learn more about handbalancing.
27, turning 28 in Movember. Always had relatively strong leg strength (ice hockey, tai ji quan) and good mobility, but almost no upper body strength. Foundation is slowly fixing that.