Best planche pushup!

Started by Chrono, February 27, 2014 · 36 Replies · 10,787 Views

B1214N
Chrono said:

I just talked about 1:05  .. the others wasn't far from what you posted.. in 1:05 you can see he really protract his scaps , paralell to the ground and hollow :)

Yes, I was comparing to that one. I will say this one last time; you can see that his hips are a bit high and piked when he starts the planche push-up, his whole body together is not moving as a unit, and he started out with slightly bent arms. The Russian guy I posted had a slightly arched back, but everything else was pretty much spot on. They both had full protraction at the top so your argument is invalid.

Chrono
B1214N said:

Yes, I was comparing to that one. I will say this one last time; you can see that his hips are a bit high and piked when he starts the planche push-up, his whole body together is not moving as a unit, and he started out with slightly bent arms. The Russian guy I posted had a slightly arched back, but everything else was pretty much spot on. They both had full protraction at the top so your argument is invalid.

 

 

 

This debate will lead to nowhere ..

 I still think his better , but I guess Im overtalking abot this one

MattProulx

I think this kid has everyone beat... 

Kai.L

those arent even planche pushups

Alessandro Mainente

giuliano lacks on form and alignment. if you want a planche push up please visit Coach's gym or others national level gymnastic facility, you will be impressed by the level of strength and perfection. before to post again to show the perfect pl push up look for this requirements:

-start in a momentary pl position (2'' that is the minimum for gymnastic)

-lower down the entire leveled upper and lower body until reach at least 90° elbows flexion, while maintaining straight (little bit hollowed) or hollowed body

-stop down for 1'' (that is for kill the stretch reflex aid)

-return in planche position and hold it for 2'', note that in the ascent the body will remain hollowed / straight and leveled.

MvdB

I'm sure there are people who will disagree but the PL pushups of Mr. Yovchev are good enough for me :)

 

MattProulx
SomeBigBear said:

those arent even planche pushups

I was just trying to ease the tension

Yaad Mohammad

I agree with B1214N, even though Erik Neri's full planche push-ups are more protracted, it's not as good as the one B1214N showed. Just to make something clear, a planche requires a straight body, this straight body is easier to achieve when having your shoulder protracted, but it does not mean that a protracted planche is better. The athlete in B1214N's video has his scapula in a neutral position, which makes the planche harder as the angle between the armpits and arms becomes smaller, and the atlhete remains a completely straight body through out the motion, no piking, nothing!

kaalli

7:51

Beast...

Chrono
kaalli said:

7:51

Beast...

Lol look how hes doing the planche pushups and the guy at the background do a pullups and they are at the time .. and then the pullup guy gets tired XD

aiken54

I recall hearing somewhere on here that Eric had some shoulder mobility issues. Can anyone confirm?

B1214N

Alex from GB who is a friend of Erik mentioned that.