Best planche pushup!

Started by Chrono, February 27, 2014 · 36 Replies · 10,787 Views

Chrono

1:05 

 

:)

 

IcedDante

Amazing... who is this guy?

kalel

eric neri.

Chrono

Its realy weird.. this guy claims that he started training April 11 after 5 years at the gym and with 8 chinups..

B1214N

Those are pretty good planche push-ups, but I've seen better.

Chrono
B1214N said:

Those are pretty good planche push-ups, but I've seen better.

 

What I showed you guys , is the best planche pushup on youtube...

There is no better than this

Handbalancer

This guy is definitely really strong. I would argue these are better though. He is also a pretty solid ring gymnast. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

on youtube...

korija
Handbalancer said:

This guy is definitely really strong. I would argue these are better though. He is also a pretty solid ring gymnast. 

 

too little protraction imo

Chrono
korija said:

too little protraction imo

Not parallel to the ground 

Alessandro Mainente

i would add planche hold between the reps and straigth body position that is fare harder compared to hollow.

korija
Chrono said:

Not parallel to the ground 

yeah. Im not sure but i think you can fix it by protracting more? o=

Chrono
korija said:

yeah. Im not sure but i think you can fix it by protracting more? o=

His lower body not paralell to the floor.. I think with leg muscles :) 

B1214N
Chrono said:

What I showed you guys , is the best planche pushup on youtube...

There is no better than this

That is a very bold statement you made there. Have you seen all the full planche push-up videos on youtube before declaring that as the best on youtube? I haven't seen all full planche push-up videos on youtube, but so far the best I've seen on youtube is from the following videos below and yes it's better than the one from Carucyn in the video you showed.

 

0:03-0:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_nZTXqFtE

0:21-0:27

Chrono
B1214N said:

That is a very bold statement you made there. Have you seen all the full planche push-up videos on youtube before declaring that as the best on youtube? I haven't seen all full planche push-up videos on youtube, but so far the best I've seen on youtube is from the following videos below and yes it's better than the one from Carucyn in the video you showed.

 

0:03-0:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_nZTXqFtE

0:21-0:27

 

 

I realy hope you're not serious .. 

how can you compare those to even 

korija
B1214N said:

That is a very bold statement you made there. Have you seen all the full planche push-up videos on youtube before declaring that as the best on youtube? I haven't seen all full planche push-up videos on youtube, but so far the best I've seen on youtube is from the following videos below and yes it's better than the one from Carucyn in the video you showed.

 

0:03-0:08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_nZTXqFtE

0:21-0:27

those planches were arched :/

NoHiddenCosts
Chrono said:

Its realy weird.. this guy claims that he started training April 11 after 5 years at the gym and with 8 chinups..

Um... The video you posted is from October of 2012, and his earliest video is of him doing a planche in March of the same year. To which April 11 are you referring?

Chrono
NoHiddenCosts said:

Um... The video you posted is from October of 2012, and his earliest video is of him doing a planche in March of the same year. To which April 11 are you referring?

 

 

This is his first video 

 

October 11

 

 

and he claims that he started at april 11 ...

The Wykydtron
Chrono said:

I realy hope you're not serious .. 

how can you compare those to even 

They're not much different from the video you posted.

 

Just out of curiosity, are you him? If not, why are you so concerned with advocating his planche as the best on youtube?

B1214N
Chrono said:

I realy hope you're not serious .. 

how can you compare those to even 

Yes I was being serious. I hope you were just joking when you said that there is no comparison and no better video on youtube. Remember perfect form for planche push-ups are straight body (no pike or arch), fully horizontal, and the whole body moving as a unit. The Russian guy was clearly closer to perfect when compared to the one you showed.

B1214N
The Wykydtron said:

They're not much different from the video you posted.

 

Just out of curiosity, are you him? If not, why are you so concerned with advocating his planche as the best on youtube?

I'm pretty sure that is not him. Erik Neri seems to be a humble guy.

Chrono
B1214N said:

Yes I was being serious. I hope you were just joking when you said that there is no comparison and no better video on youtube. Remember perfect form for planche push-ups are straight body (no pike or arch), fully horizontal, and the whole body moving as a unit. The Russian guy was clearly closer to perfect when compared to the one you showed.

I just talked about 1:05  .. the others wasn't far from what you posted.. in 1:05 you can see he really protract his scaps , paralell to the ground and hollow :)

Ravn

Enough already, this is turning into an internet argument. More training, less posting.

Sinom

I never realized how few proper form planch pushups there are on youtube... And when it's not on youtube it's not real. Meaning proper form planch pushups must be quite hard! =)

Jon Douglas

I like the threads where we argue that the videos of ourselves doing them are better :/