Rings One

Started by NoHiddenCosts, February 27, 2014 · 42 Replies · 14,144 Views

Murray Truelove

I asked before and never got an official response. Can I do R1 using my rings on a doorway pull up bar?

Cory Fair
Murray Truelove said:

I asked before and never got an official response. Can I do R1 using my rings on a doorway pull up bar?

I would not recommend it. You'll want a very solid anchor for this course. For example a thick tree branch, power rack, playground equipment, etc.

Murray Truelove
Cory Fair said:

I would not recommend it. You'll want a very solid anchor for this course. For example a thick tree branch, power rack, playground equipment, etc.

Thanks for the reply. Is the suggest schedule more than once a week? Where I climb has rings that I could use.

puckshaw
Cory Fair said:

M1 is pretty fun. M3 will be murder as much of it has never even been presented in a seminar due to its advanced nature. :)

 

S1/S2 is what I'm most excited for as it's long overdue for more students to get out of Foundation One and Two. R1 is our first "advanced beginner" course and I expect the majority of you to be much closer to this level by the end of the year!

I'm really looking forward to S1 as well. I can already do a front lever, back lever, muscle up, etc. on the rings but I haven't mastered F1 yet. Far from it actually. The main issue is my flexibility. Seems R1 isn't recommended until I can resolve that. Can't wait to start working on reverse muscle ups! It'll be a while longer before my flexibility is up to snuff :(

Cory Fair
Murray Truelove said:

Thanks for the reply. Is the suggest schedule more than once a week? Where I climb has rings that I could use.

 

Like other courses, it varies. The options also depend on whether you've mastered F2 or F4. 

Murray Truelove
Cory Fair said:

Like other courses, it varies. The options also depend on whether you've mastered F2 or F4.

Thanks again. I understand that you can't give out too much information. I'm still on F1 and will get R1 when I'm closer to F4. Thanks again.

Daniel Canto Figueiredo

Cory,

 

Without giving up the details, could you tell us what equipments will be needed for M1?

 

I have a serious lack of space where I train  :(

Cory Fair
puckshaw said:

I'm really looking forward to S1 as well. I can already do a front lever, back lever, muscle up, etc. on the rings but I haven't mastered F1 yet. Far from it actually. The main issue is my flexibility. Seems R1 isn't recommended until I can resolve that. Can't wait to start working on reverse muscle ups! It'll be a while longer before my flexibility is up to snuff :(

With that large of a gap between mobility/flexibility and strength, it is a wise thing to hold off on R1. More than anything, adding focused ring strength PREMATURELY in your training will put you at heavy risk for injury. Of the bodywork I've done with Coach's athletes, 90%+ of it has been directly in support of their ring work. A little leverage in training goes a long way. Whether that direction helps or hinders you is entirely up to following Coach's advice.

That said, the Stretch Series has been designed at a delightfully enjoyable level of intensity. You will not feel left out from being able to do genuine hard work!

Cory Fair
Daniel Canto Figueiredo said:

Cory,

 

Without giving up the details, could you tell us what equipments will be needed for M1?

 

I have a serious lack of space where I train  :(

 

Too soon for those sort of details. But space is the primary one.

Alessandro Mainente

Rings one fully demonstrates How much experience plays a big role in the coaching activity. I've enjoyed the great number of exercises and progressive preparation and I am seriously tempted to start. But I need to put my ego down and work on my weak points. For at least another 2-3 years R1 will stay away from my workout! Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Coach Sommer

Alex, you are exaggerating, my friend. In your case I would think 9-15 months at the most.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Adriano Augusto

Another piece to add to the big puzzle. But first things first: Foundation!

Keilani Gutierrez
Cory Fair said:

With that large of a gap between mobility/flexibility and strength, it is a wise thing to hold off on R1. More than anything, adding focused ring strength PREMATURELY in your training will put you at heavy risk for injury. Of the bodywork I've done with Coach's athletes, 90%+ of it has been directly in support of their ring work. A little leverage in training goes a long way. Whether that direction helps or hinders you is entirely up to following Coach's advice.

That said, the Stretch Series has been designed at a delightfully enjoyable level of intensity. You will not feel left out from being able to do genuine hard work!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is it too early to ask when S1/2 will be available? 2nd quarter of 2014? 3rd/4th?

Richard Sassoon

I did get R1 even though I won't be able to follow it for quite some time haha. But the program is great! It makes me even more motivated to work hard on F1-4 the next years! and H1-H2 of course... lot of ground to cover before.

At least I can still keep working on improving my support hold, it will be awesome until then :)

 

Ah, I'm also in a big need of S1, hope it comes soon to address the main areas that keep a lot of people from progressing on the iM's...

Cory Fair
KeilaniG said:

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but is it too early to ask when S1/2 will be available? 2nd quarter of 2014? 3rd/4th?

M1 and S1 are next in line for release.

Keilani Gutierrez
Cory Fair said:

M1 and S1 are next in line for release.

thanks, Cory. :) 

David Smith
On 3/1/2014 at 2:15 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Rings one fully demonstrates How much experience plays a big role in the coaching activity. I've enjoyed the great number of exercises and progressive preparation and I am seriously tempted to start. But I need to put my ego down and work on my weak points. For at least another 2-3 years R1 will stay away from my workout! Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Alex is that you in this Youtube video? You've already mastered R1 at that point.

Alessandro Mainente

here we are approximately 2 years ago , I was playing with rings occasionally.

Also now I'm not training rings specifically, I need other goals necessary to continue the specific joint preparation for SA rings work. sometime I do rings 1 time a week, sometime I stay away from them for 2 weeks, it depends. If I have time I prefer to use it for my weak points wich are not rings but mobility , press to handstand and manna.