Allan Bower at winter cup
Started by Alessandro Mainente, February 25, 2014 · 26 Replies · 6,889 Views
Is it my imagination or is he like twice as muscular as he was last year ![]()
Well..that sort of makes it hard to argue when coach says to do something. ![]()
Biren P. said:Is it my imagination or is he like twice as muscular as he was last year
He's getting older so he still hasn't reached maximum hypertrophy.
From what I've studied a male's musculoskeletal system doesn't fully mature until around 30 yrs old. So maximum or near maximum muscle hypertrophy won't be for another few years.
Thanks for sharing Alex
The end step at the pommel horse. Just perfect.
Thanks, guys! Very proud of his progress to date. ![]()
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I remember the old GBodies videos were Allan was almost a "baby", and now... my goodness, above all the arms. Awesome.
Coach, I asked you long time ago but you never answer me... Allan's legs shape (genu varum) are problematic in certain moves or skills? I'm curious because I've the same type of legs and I want to know if this brings any kind of problem.
Thanks in advance!
P.S: It was strange to me that Coach didn't put Allan on rings ![]()
I haven't heard anything of Alex for a while.
How old is he now? I'm guessing 18-19 since he got into university this year, as far as I know.
Allan is now 18 and a member of the University of Oklahoma Mens Gymnastics Team on a full scholarship. So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Adriano Augusto said:I remember the old GBodies videos were Allan was almost a "baby", and now... my goodness, above all the arms. Awesome.
Coach, I asked you long time ago but you never answer me... Allan's legs shape (genu varum) are problematic in certain moves or skills? I'm curious because I've the same type of legs and I want to know if this brings any kind of problem.
Nope, legs are legs.
He has however been working very hard the last 6 months of increasing his overall leg and sprinting strength. This additional strength is definitely showing in his improved performance on vaulting.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach Sommer said:So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Is that a good thing or a bad thing
Hmms said:Is that a good thing or a bad thing
He has full scholarship so what do you think? I think that this is just natural progress cause Life is the most important thing ![]()
That young man is so dedicated that he has a jumpstart to life!
Riku Calderón said:He has full scholarship so what do you think? I think that this is just natural progress cause Life is the most important thing
That young man is so dedicated that he has a jumpstart to life!
I was asking about being trained by different coaches
I've got to say I have new found appreciation the physical abilities of gymnasts since taking baby steps in F1, H1. Watching that move on the high bar at about 40 sec. where Alan pikes his legs forward through his arms and returns to the top of the bar looks incredibly tough to do. It appears like a full bodyweight shoulder dislocate plus the added weight of movement. I will never try that- unless I want to rehab torn up body parts for several months.
Don't try that one at home.
curtisfer said:I've got to say I have new found appreciation the physical abilities of gymnasts since taking baby steps in F1, H1. Watching that move on the high bar at about 40 sec. where Alan pikes his legs forward through his arms and returns to the top of the bar looks incredibly tough to do. It appears like a full bodyweight shoulder dislocate plus the added weight of movement. I will never try that- unless I want to rehab torn up body parts for several months.
Don't try that one at home.
"Hmm, that looks interesting, let me see if- (Snap, crackle, pop) ... Oh, nevermind"
Those videos are awesome.
Very cool! Did anyone else notice the almost-manna by a woman (I think) at around 18 seconds in the pommel horse (4th video)?
Was Allan in Minnesota a month or two ago? My wife and I watched a gymnastics competition at the University of Minnesota. I think they were competing against Olkahoma and I remember his name being announced.Coach Sommer said:Allan is now 18 and a member of the University of Oklahoma Mens Gymnastics Team on a full scholarship. So except for a couple of weeks in the summer, the coaches at OU are in charge of his training now.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Yes, he was there.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Coach, this kind of question may annoy you, but have you ever had an athlete train quad fulls?
Of course. My top three athletes could consistently do .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 and 3 twists flipping both forward and backward. Inconsistently, they also worked 3.5 and 4; both forward and backward.
One of them was capable of a quin front into the pit.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
p.s. Let's not however turn this particular thread into a twisting technique thread.
On the floor?
And I was asking for curiosity, not advice
My double fulls are perfectly janky ![]()