V sit - trouble with quads

Started by BrunoCro, February 22, 2014 · 4 Replies · 3,323 Views

BrunoCro

Hi, everybody! I'm new, just joined today because I have a question, if anybody can help me with it..

 

I practice street workout, and first gymnastic element I managed to preform was L sit. Still today is my favorite, I can hold it for about 45 seconds max.. But I hunger for more, so I really want to learn V sit, and eventually my wildest dream is the Mana haha :)

 

But, back to the point. The thing is I can swing to V sit, and hold in for half a second, but I immediately get cramps in my quads and it hurts so I fall. So it's not a problem for my core strength, it's my legs that are keeping me away from hold a V sit. So I guess it's just a flexibility problem, right? If somebody can come up with any advice or a link to youtube video about how I can train my quads for this, I would be grateful :)

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

You need to increase flexibility in both lumbar muscle and hamstring

tri4ben

It is ok that you you are cramping.  I ma not exactly sure of the science behind it, but it has to do with relatively small muscles trying to do too much work and not being able to clear the lactic acid.  As you train more and more, your body will get used to it and you will not cramp as much and your range of motion will get better.  Just keep at it.

Jon Douglas

Once you have fixed basic flexibility issue (there's plenty of threads on active compression drills), work on pressing hips forward in Lsit rather than lifting legs, to get to V if you want to lay the groundwork for a manna :)

BrunoCro

Thanks, guys. :) I would really love if one day I could reach close to or even perform a mana :) I've been training V sit for couple of days now, and I see some improvement, but there's still a long way ahead of me and patience is a virtue :D thanks for the advice, salute! :)