This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE6 Hardcore, 60 sec Holds in week 10

Started by Sascha Faltinger, February 18, 2014 · 61 Replies · 2,828 Views

Ravn
Milkman said:

Jon:

It is failure. I can assure you; ears ringing, body shaking, muscles cramping type failure. :blink:

Then you're on the right track >:)

Milkman

I have a de-load week this week.  Any harm in doing a 10x30s rather than the prescribed 5x30s?  For what it's worth, I think the 5x30s is doable, but it won't be anything like a de-load as I understand it.  Everything else will be quite easy.  This will still suck it.

Sascha Faltinger
Milkman said:

I have a de-load week this week.  Any harm in doing a 10x30s rather than the prescribed 5x30s?  For what it's worth, I think the 5x30s is doable, but it won't be anything like a de-load as I understand it.  Everything else will be quite easy.  This will still suck it.

deload should be deload. exactly what it says.

Milkman

Is the assertion that "de-load should be de-load" meant to suggest that I not do the 10x30s or, given my previous post, is it meant to suggest that I back off even more than the scheduled 5x30s?

MattProulx

I did this one on the rings because I don't have a bar in the house and it was too cold in the garage. It was more of a test of will, and patience which I hated.

Sascha Faltinger
Milkman said:

Is the assertion that "de-load should be de-load" meant to suggest that I not do the 10x30s or, given my previous post, is it meant to suggest that I back off even more than the scheduled 5x30s?

i dont know if you should try 10x30sec..

just meant that you shouldnt practice so much volume in your deload week.

but just my opinion. could be wrong...

MattProulx

10x30 probably wont make 5x60 any easier.After failing 5x60, which I did 60/60/48/48/48 I had deload week which I then did 5x30 and it seemed just as hard, next week I did 5x48, just as hard, 5x60 same week. Done. And the whole time I was more bored than anything I hate doing stuff for long periods. It feel it kills my power. So when I get to these long 60 second exercises I just get through em now and get past them. 

MT Nordic

10x30 would definitely not be deload.  Do your deload as planned, then try the higher volume. 

Jon Douglas
Milkman said:

Jon:

It is failure. I can assure you; ears ringing, body shaking, muscles cramping type failure. :blink:

Still not failure :) Not until your chin dips below the bar :)

Milkman

Indeed, it is failure as I'm not able to keep my chin above the bar for the required time.  

Jon Douglas

Then I stand corrected :)

PROVIDED that's lowering against your will and efforts, not just because you are uncomfortable :) There's nothing wrong with swearing your way through a set, as long as you complete it right.

LIE

How wide do you guys use for the grip?

I ve been experimenting shoulder grip, a bit wider.

A bit wider than shoulder really hurt my inner elbow.

And It seems to me the athlete in the video, his elbow is flared to the side, this is very hard

But i stay with the elbow close to my body

Milkman

On a related note, how much time is typical between the end of one set until we are back on the bar?  In my case, given that my stall bars are right next to my pull up bar, this is very minimal (~15 seconds).

Joshua Slocum
Milkman said:

On a related note, how much time is typical between the end of one set until we are back on the bar?  In my case, given that my stall bars are right next to my pull up bar, this is very minimal (~15 seconds).

Sounds about right, though you might be rushing the iM a little. 

mitko
Cu fang said:

How wide do you guys use for the grip?

I ve been experimenting shoulder grip, a bit wider.

A bit wider than shoulder really hurt my inner elbow.

And It seems to me the athlete in the video, his elbow is flared to the side, this is very hard

But i stay with the elbow close to my body

I am doing shoulder wide for the most part. But since I stalled I am mixing it up for the rest of the cycle. I feel that wider then shoulders goes in to the upper back and hands together really hits the lats area.

 

By the way PE6 was hurting my inner elbow but I made a point to really stay tight: protract the scapulae, squeeze the elbows in to the body and really supinate your wrists. Also in my experience  let your forearms hang vertical - this means that you will probably have to let your elbows go a bit forward that usual and lose a little bit of height on the chin.

 

All of this makes the hold way harder initially but in the long run led to pain free elbows for me. The tension I forced at first eventually waved down naturally but the pain free elbows stayed.

LIE

I never try to protract my shoulder, since the video looks the body of athlete lean backward.

so I try to retract and most of all depressed of course

Sascha Faltinger

what a beast exercise with that short time of rest between. so much mentally.

after trying it for more than 14 weeks i skipped the exercise and got on with f2. the complete serie is so much easier than that endurance stuff.

i decide long till i made the decision: my best training score for PE6 was: 4x60 sec plus 1x45 sec.

on the long run i will lose the endurance for that exercise anyway, so i just put at the beginning for the RC Exercises 1 Set of the Top Pull Holds. Startet with 60sec and now at 80sec easy. I mean really easy. Could hold longer but as mensioned its for warming up and dont loose it. Just wait and try to expand the time bit by bit.

this is the first exercise i skipped. what do you think? skipped is skipped, of course.

Spphysio
Joshua Slocum said:

Sounds about right, though you might be rushing the iM a little. 

So what is the minimum and maximum amount of rest - transition time between RC/PE6 and RC/PE6 - iM ? Because this would make a huge difference in mastering it I believe. 

LateStarter@46

0 seconds  :icon_twisted:

William
Spphysio said:

So what is the minimum and maximum amount of rest - transition time between RC/PE6 and RC/PE6 - iM ? Because this would make a huge difference in mastering it I believe. 

i think im probably making a pause like 60 sec, i have to go to my other room for the iM and drinking some water, starting my countdowntimer again and here i am. but its still really hard, for me its still mastering it, because im doing 5x60 sets too in a really short amount of time :)

jaz

60 seconds is REST

Joshua Slocum
Spphysio said:

So what is the minimum and maximum amount of rest - transition time between RC/PE6 and RC/PE6 - iM ? Because this would make a huge difference in mastering it I believe.

It is the same as for every other element in Foundation: move immediately between the PE and the iM with no additional rest.

Sascha Faltinger

90 sec hold for warming up. its getting easy. can handle mentaly that time.

meras

I was doing my regular 30sec hold at the end of my workout. After 30secs I though "I can still hold on" and did an extra 15seconds without much trouble :) Quite happy with this.

 

I do have a question on PE6, is it ok to do it on rings instead of a bar? The pull up handles at the gym I go to is too wide for chin ups making it uncomfortable. 

Fede HD

This is evil. While I'm doing this I keep thinking "Why am I doing this?" Ahah now at 4x42" and started 1 week ago, next session I hope to achieve this time without crying. Anyway it's all about your mind and how willing you are to suffer. I think I'm training my mind, not my muscles.