Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ring Pulley System

Walt Peacock

Walt Peacock

Hey everyone! I just developed a new peice of equipment. It is a pulley system for the rings. It is very similar to what Yuri Van Gelder uses. Check out my site to take a look. If you want to order some email me at gymnasticstrength@gmail.com

Walt

Richard Duelley

Hmmm, I am going to have to talk to our treaseurer at my gym here at VT. We (the mens team) have been wanting to upgrade out ring machine and yours looks like a great and easy way to get that done. Otherwise I would have to make one myself. 8)

Email Sent

Walt Peacock

The back brace is for added support. My experience has been that the harness tends to dig into you a little bit and it slides around on your skin. The back brace will prevent that irritation.

• 2 weeks later...
langdon0555

looks like a good product. you mentioned that your working with about 50% of your body weight. what about when someone gets stronger and working with 50% of your bodyweight gets to easy? did i miss that it was adjustable?

Richard Duelley
looks like a good product. you mentioned that your working with about 50% of your body weight. what about when someone gets stronger and working with 50% of your bodyweight gets to easy? did i miss that it was adjustable?

I dont think its adjustable (at least the one in my gym isnt). What we do is put extra weight hanging off the belt to increase our body weight. So I weigh 165 lbs and then we have 40 extra pounds to hang off the belt. So I can effectively train with about 82.5 lbs and then I can add the extra weigh and train with 102.5 pounds. You could also mount a pulley on the floor and add a counter weight to make you heavier. I have also seen people use a single pulley on the ceiling and you simply hook that one line to your belt and add weight to that line to take some body weight off (the rings would be statically mounted for this option). So for example I could use the single line system and add 20 pounds to effectively make my body weight 145 lbs, this of course will require you to have lots of weights if you want to progress from 50% body weight.

If you have a pair of Xtreme rings you can also put your arms through the straps and train rings that way. I am note sure how much weight it effectively takes off I just know that everything is easier when I do it 8)