This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dan's Log - Starting in F1

Started by DanL, February 13, 2014 · 43 Replies · 117 Views

DanL

Hi all!  I just started F1 and H1 this week, so I figured this would be a handy place to track my progress.

 

Info

 

I'm 5'8", ~165lbs, 37 years old, married, have a 6 year old daughter, working an office job (but at a standing desk now, yay).  I've been doing barbell training for the past 3 years.  While not the most impressive improvements, I was able to go from scratch up to a 320lbs x 5 rep Deadlift, 265lbs x 5 rep High-Bar Squat, 190lbs x 5 rep Bench, and a 125lbs x 5 rep Overhead Press, gaining 20lbs of mostly-good body weight in the process.  Prior to that, I was doing some short-distance triathlon training for about a year, and prior to that, I had done about 3 years of mountain biking.

 

I had gotten into a bit of a rut with my training, and I heard about Gymnastic Bodies on Robb Wolf's podcast. I was super interested in the idea of not just gaining additional strength, but also addressing mobility issues along the way and gaining strength over broader ranges of motion.  I'm bought in on the concept and am ready to commit to plugging away at the Foundation and Handstand programs over the long term.  I would like to eventually add back in some lower-body barbell stuff, but I'm going to wait a while to do that.

 

Training Plan

 

I'm starting out with a 4-day-per-week training plan as follows:

 

Mon:  F1 - FL, SPL, HBP, RC

Tue:  F1 - SL, MN, SLS  +  H1

Thu:  F1 - FL, SPL, HBP, RC  +  H1

Fri:  F1 - SL, MN, SLS

 

I'm going to start pretty conservative on this stuff and only skip ahead on areas that feel really easy.  I feel it will be better long term to have some patience and take the time to get properly conditioned to this new type of stimulus.

 

On most days, I go for a walk with my dog, often while wearing a weighted vest.  I'll also be adding in some conditioning here and there as I feel like it and as I have time - stuff like sets of burpees and the occasional sprint intervals.

 

Diet

 

Currently I'm eating a lot of protein, mostly eating my carbs post-workout, and staying away from most grains except corn, rice, and the occasional gluten-free oats.  On non-workout days, I try to stay pretty low carb.  I would like to add muscle mass when possible, so I try to eat a fair amount of food for the most part, especially meat, eggs, and dairy.

DanL

I started on Monday, so I'll go ahead and post all the workouts from then until today.

 

 

Monday Feb 10th, 2014

 

20 minute walk

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  3x12s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  3x3

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  3x3

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

(Didn't have rings yet, so couldn't do RC/PE1)

 

burpees:  3x10 w/ 1 minute rest between sets

 

Comments: Cat-Cows feel pretty weird - I think I still have some work to do here to get my lower back range of motion better.  Scapular Shrugs also felt strange; I guess I just have never done them before.  I had a bit of trouble keeping my elbows straight while doing them.  On Swivel Hips my outer knee goes down the floor pretty well, but my inner knee doesn't unless my corresponding glute lifts up via my lumbar spine twisting.  I guess I'll have to do some additional stretching to make some improvements on that.  Incline Push-ups felt pretty easy.

 

 

Tuesday Feb 11th, 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  3x12s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 3x3

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  3x3

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE1 (Wall Wrist Walk):  5x5

FKP/PE1 (Wall First Knuckle Walk):  5x5

WR/PE1 (Wall Wrist Rock Walk):  5x5

FTP/PE1 (Wall Fingertip Walk):  5x5

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  My coordination isn't that great with Tuck-Ups.  I wasn't finding it difficult strength-wise, but I tended to lose my balance when almost at the top of the movement.  Stiff Leg Windmills are super weird; I think I just need to work on the coordination of the arm twist with the trunk movement more.  Deck Squats weren't too bad, but it is a bit tricky transitioning onto the feet without using some help from my hands.  For the wrist work, I noticed pretty quickly that these were very easy for me, so I went ahead and tested for mastery on these.  

 

 

Wednesday Feb 13th, 2014

 

20 minute walk

burpees:  3x10 w/ 1 minute rest between sets

 

 

Thursday Feb 13th, 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 20lbs vest

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  3x12s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  3x3

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  3x3

 

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  3x3

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  3x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  3x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  3x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  3x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  Cat-Cows and Scapular Shrugs are already starting to feel more natural.  I got my rings, so I just hung them from the pull-up bar in my power rack for now to do RC/PE1.  The Incline Push-ups feel too easy, so I'm going to jump forward to week 6 on those next week.  Went to PE2 on all the wrist work, and that went fine.

DanL

Friday Feb 14th, 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  3x12s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 3x3

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  3x3

iM (Skiers):  10

 

25 minute walk w/ 22lbs weigthed vest

 

Comments:  Fell asleep way early last night and slept for 11 hours, so that was awesome.  Both the Tuck-Ups and Deck Squats felt much better form-wise this time and felt too easy in terms of effort.  I will go ahead and jump to week 6 on these next week.  

DanL

Sunday Feb 16th, 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

Comments:  I slept for 11 hours again on Friday night, and then took an hour nap on Saturday afternoon.  I guess my body is adjusting to the new type of workouts.  Even though they don't feel they difficult when performing them, I do seem to be getting really tired at the end of the day.

 

 

Monday Feb 17th, 2014

 

25 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x24s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x6

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x6

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x6

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s

 

Comments:  I went ahead and just move to week 5 on everything.  After adjusting to the new movements and workout style last week, I felt I had room to push a higher level of effort on everything.  It felt appropriately challenging in most cases, so I'm happy with the decision.  The only thing that still feels like it might be too easy is the Incline Presses, so I may still push that up.  I had been doing a fair amount of bench press variant work in my recent training previous to starting this program, so I'm guessing that's why.

DanL

Tuesday Feb 18th 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x24s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x6

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x6

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  3x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  3x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  3x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  3x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  Moved to week 5 for all the rest of the F1 stuff.  I'm sticking with week 1 for HS1 to keep it in synch; it seems at the right difficulty level for now.  I'm sucking air a bit throughout the workout.  I'm used to lifting where I go at a high effort for about 20-30 seconds then rest for 2 to 5 minutes, so this more continuous output modality is going to take some time for my body to adjust to.  Also, Arch Body Holds are hard!

DanL

Wednesday Feb 19th 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

DanL

Thursday Feb 20th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x24s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x6

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x6

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x6

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  3x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  3x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  3x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  3x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

The above was in the morning.  In the evening I did: 8 minutes, did as many rounds as possible, with a round consisting of:

* 10 burpees

* 50 reps jump rope

* 10 squats w/ a sandbag on my back, with an overhead press of the sandbag at the top of each squat

(managed to get 3 rounds completed, with an extra round of burpees starting a forth round as time ran out)

 

Comments:  Everything's still going well in the workouts.  The bent hollow body holds and hinge rows felt the most challenging out of today's stuff.  I should probably video myself so I can audit my form.

 

From around lunch through the end of the day I've been feeling kind of fuzzy and out of it.  Not sure if that's some fatigue from the workouts, allergies, or some other random thing.  I can focus in meetings at work when I need to, but other times my head just feels kind of fuzzy, and I'm feeling pretty tired in the evenings.

DanL

Friday Feb 21st 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x24s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x6

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x6

iM (Skiers):  10

DanL

Saturday Feb 22nd 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

 

Monday Feb 24th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x36s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x9

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x9

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x9 (failed last set at 7 reps)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s

 

Comments:  Overall a challenging workout; good stuff.  Although I did fail to make all 9 reps in the last set of Hinge Rows.  I'll try again on Thursday and see how it goes.  I did a couple of hours of raking and bagging leaves, spreading soil conditioner, and mulching in the afternoon, so I was feeling beat at the end of the day.

DanL

Tuesday Feb 25th 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x36s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x9

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x9

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10s each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  5x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  5x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  5x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  5x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  5x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

20 minute walk (no vest)

 

Comments:  Feeling a bit tired and sore from yesterday (workout plus yardwork).  Tuck-ups were fine.  Arch Body Holds were getting tough at the end of the 3rd and 4th sets; I'm pretty sure my legs and arms dropped some at the end of the 4th set.  I'll have to keep an eye on that.  Deck Squats don't feel hard from a strength standpoint, but I do tend to huff and puff and struggle with the strength endurance aspect (probably the same on the Arch Body Holds).

DanL

Thursday Feb 27th 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x36s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x9

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x9

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x9 (failed last set at 7 reps)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  5x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  5x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  5x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  5x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  5x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  Failed the Hinge Row last set again at the same 7 rep point.  My shoulders and lats are just out of juice at that point.  I filmed all my exercises today to check my form.  Most things looked decent, although I do need to straighten my torso more on the Scapular Shrugs as it's sagging a bit.  I got laid off of my job yesterday, so stress levels are a bit high.  Not much I can do about it other than relax and let it pass though.

DanL

Friday Feb 28th 2014

 

20 minute walk (no vest)

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x36s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x9

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x9

iM (Skiers):  10

 

Running intervals:

30s run, 30s walk, 7 rounds

 

Comments:  I video'd one round of all my exercises today.  Arch Body Holds actually looked decent, as well as Tuck-ups.  I noticed as I get tired, I don't balance well when coming up on Deck Squats, and there will sometimes be some shifting of my feet.  I'll have to focus a little more on that.  I also did some running intervals, as I notices that I'm having a bit of trouble with the stamina of these exercises.  I figured my typical work sets are ~30s with a ~30s active rest (the iM's), so that's how I modeled the intervals.

DanL

Monday Mar 3rd 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x36s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x9

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x9

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  5x9

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

Comments:  I got all the Hinge Rows this time!  Even the fifth set!  I switched the lat lean to one arm at a time which gives me 30 more seconds of rest between each set, which helps.  The rows and holds are hard, but I'm managing to make the sets, so hopefully that keeps going.

DanL

Tuesday Mar 4th 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  5x36s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 5x9

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  5x9

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  3x2

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  3x2

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  3x2

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  3x2

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x24s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

DanL

Wednesday Mar 5th 2014

 

Did a couple of hours of yardwork.  Raking, leaf bagging, etc.

DanL

Thursday Mar 6th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x36s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x9

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x9

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  5x9

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

DanL

Monday Mar 10th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x18s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x5

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x5

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  5x5

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

 

Tuesday Mar 11th 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  5x18s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 5x5

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  5x5

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  3x1

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  3x1

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  3x1

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  3x1

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  3x12s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Commentary:  Deload week is cruising along.  I've lost about 2lbs over the past 2-3 weeks, hovering around 163lbs right now.

DanL

Friday Mar 14th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x18s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x5

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x5

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  5x5

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  5x18s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 5x5

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  5x5

iM (Skiers):  10

 

Comments:  I didn't have time to work out on Thursday, so I just did Foundation stuff for Thursday and Friday today.  I skipped the handstand stuff for today.

 

 

Saturday Mar 15th 2014

 

20 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

 

Monday Mar 17th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x48s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x12

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x12

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x12

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

Comments:  I knew this was going to be a tough one, and thankfully I made it through okay.  The rows were tough; barely made the last rep of the last set.

DanL

Tuesday Mar 18th 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x48s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x12

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x12

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  4x2

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  4x2

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  4x2

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  4x2

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  4x24s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  The volume is high enough so that everything is hard in the Foundation portion of the workout, but I'm still able to do the work.  Just need to grit this out for another 2.5 weeks to knock out this phase.

DanL

Thursday Mar 20th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x48s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x12

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x12

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x12

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  4x2

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  4x2

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  4x2

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  4x2

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  4x24s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

DanL

Friday Mar 21st 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x48s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x12

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x12

iM (Skiers):  10

 

Deadlift:  225lbs x 5 reps

 

Comments:  Everything felt pretty good today.  Challenging, but doable.  I added in deadlifts, working up to a top set of 5.  I haven't done them for a couple of months at least, so I didn't go too heavy.  I'll probably just add small weight increases each week and keep the progress conservative.  I'm down another pound in bodyweight to 162lbs for the last few days.

DanL

Sunday Mar 23rd 2014

 

30 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

 

Monday Mar 24th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x60s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x15

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x15

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x15 (failed - only got 11 on the last set)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

Comments:  Couldn't get all the Hinge Rows in the last set.  Maybe I'll get a couple more on Thursday's session.

DanL

Tuesday Mar 25th 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x60s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x15

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x15

iM (Skiers):  10

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  4x3

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  4x3

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  4x3

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  4x3

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  4x36s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  Man, the Arch Body Holds and Deck Squats are hard.

DanL

Thursday Mar 27th 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  4x60s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  4x15

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  4x15

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x15 (failed - only got 11 on the last set)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  4x3

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  4x3

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  4x3

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  4x3

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  4x36s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Comments:  Failed on the Rows again at the same spot.  My muscles are just really used up at that point.  I'll keep trying it.

 

 

Friday Mar 28th 2014

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  4x60s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 4x15

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  4x15

iM (Skiers):  10

 

 

Monday Mar 31st 2014

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x60s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x15

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x15

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x15 (failed - only got 11 on the last set)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

Comments:  Rows are still stuck in the same spot.  I'm really pleased to have completed mastery for everything else though, and I'm looking forward to learning a new set of movements.

 

 

Thursday Apr 3rd 2014

 

30 minute walk w/ 22lbs weighted vest

 

SL/PE1 (Arch Body Hold):  5x60s

iM (Standing Hip Circle):  10

MN/PE1 (Tuck-Up): 5x15

iM (Stiff Leg Windmill):  5

SLS/PE1 (Deck Squat):  5x15

iM (Skiers):  10

 

Comments:  The exercises went really well today, and I'm stoked that I passed mastery for them all.  Deck Squats in particular felt really in the groove today and easier than normal.  I didn't workout on Tuesday or Wednesday because I wasn't feeling good.  My energy level was low and something felt kind of 'off', so I just decided to do one session of each workout this week to get my mastery.

DanL

Friday Apr 4th 2014

 

WRS 1-4:  10 each

WP/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Walk):  5x3

FKP/PE2 (Long Hollow First Knuckle Walk):  5x3

WR/PE2 (Long Hollow Wrist Rock Walk):  5x3

FTP/PE2 (Long Hollow Fingertip Walk):  5x3

HS/PE1 (Tripod):  5x36s

iM (Static Seated Shoulder Flexion w/ Weighted Bar):  10s

 

Deadlift (no belt):  235lbs x 5

 

 

Monday Apr 7th 2014

 

10-minute HIIT-style workout with alternating various alternating movements

 

FL/PE1 (Bent Hollow Body Hold):  5x60s

iM (Cat-Cow):  5

SPL/PE1 (Scapular Shrugs):  5x15

iM (Swivel Hips):  5

HBP/PE1 (Incline Push-Up):  5x15

iM (German Arm Swing):  10

RC/PE1 (Hinge Row):  4x15 (failed - only got 11 on the last set)

iM (One Arm Upright Lat Lean):  30s each side

 

Comments:  Since it's deload week, I'm going to do a bit more conditioning work.  I've lost another 3lbs over the last 3 weeks or so, down to around 159lbs the last couple of mornings.