I counted my dietary protein consumption yesterday, which was ordinary in terms of food intake, and ended up at 200 grams over four meals and some intermediate snacking. Sources were:
- Milk
- Buttermilk
- Eggs
- Herring
- Almonds
- Pork
- Paté
- Cheese
- Mackerel
I also ate 7-8 slices of rye bread (sour dough) and two large servings of rice, but didn't count the protein in these foods, although there's bound to be at least some in there. I would estimate that the bread added some 12 grams. I also didn't count the protein in my veggies/fruits, which were carrots, bell peppers, apple and banana.
Yesterday I also did F1 & 2.
I'm 37 y.o. and 82 kg. That puts me at ~2,4 grams of protein per kg.
Am I right in assuming that supplementing with whey protein would be a waste of money? I already meet the required intake, right?
For PWO I usually drink a bunch of milk, sometimes spiced up with some dark chocolate and sugar, and then eating as much as I can get away with before going to bed, roughly as per Naterman's instructions.
I do F-series 4-5 times per week, and go for a few walks, occasionally I go climbing. I don't do a lot of cardio, because it sucks during the winter (living in the countryside, getting wet, muddy feet in my vibrams really does suck).
In general, I find the whole protein mixing business awkward and cumbersome, plus it's easier for me to just buy protein rich food at the grocers and bring it to work. I really don't won't to be a protein mixing asshole at work, it's a stigma I cannot bear ![]()