Starting Out...Preparing for workouts, making them intuitive

Started by RockDeano, February 10, 2014 · 6 Replies · 1,766 Views

RockDeano

This is my first post in the forum, but I consider it part of "getting serious" about GB. So thanks in advance to everyone for any advice.

 

My problem is this: I feel like I spend too much time preparing for my workouts in terms of figuring out the programming. I spend a bunch of time in front of the computer before I go to the gym to try to figure out what that days assigned workout is, and then when I am at the gym, I am constantly looking down at my phone to check what the next skill is, or mobility element, or to check my form, etc. This degrades the intensity of my workouts.

 

Does anybody have any "workflow" recommendations, or tips on how I can make the programming more intuitive so it doesn't feel like I am fumbling through the skills, and I am actually taking advantage of the intelligent programming of Coach Sommer so I can hit the gym (or wherever I am working out) running, so to speak?

 

Thanks again, I look forward to any responses.

Joshua Slocum

Write down the day's workout on a pad of paper. Check each element off as you do it, then move immediately on to the next element. 

Xcel

First off, welcome!  I can say that as a newcomer to the world of GST it can definitely be a lot to take in at first.  But I promise that as the weeks go by, you will become more familiar with the exercises, im's and programming and you will find yourself needing to check the computer/phone less and less.  But for now study them as much as possible because attention to detail is key to becoming stronger throughout the long run.  Good luck and have fun!

Bipocni

It gets to the point where you kind of just need to check what numbers you're supposed to be reaching.

 

Make sure you keep a workout log where you keep track of your progress.  I find the process of writing everything down helps.

Coach Sommer

All the details you need for each and every workout is already provided in F1 and H1. And the mobile app takes care of all your programming and automatically generates customized workouts specific for you.

Doesn't get easier than that.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

RockDeano

Thanks for the responses guys, I appreciate it. I'll definitely make use of all the tips. I can see that this is truly a supportive community and I look forward to being an active member of the forum.

The Hansenator

I like to print the next week's workout and keep it in a folder. I put it in a more user friendly format so I don't have to remember abbreviations while I'm working. It just takes a few minutes during the weekend and then I have everything I need in an easily readable format on a piece of paper