Starting out

Started by Richard Sassoon, February 8, 2014 · 9 Replies · 2,336 Views

Richard Sassoon

Hello everyone,

I'm Richard from Brazil (living in Norway at the moment), and I'm 30 yo. I just got F1 and H1 and I'm really excited to start this long journey. I've been following the forums for some time now, cheking some pointers, good advice from many members and I finally decided to take on the challenge!

 

My background is quite short: I started weightlifting at the end of 2012, then by the middle of 2013 I got bored with it and started with only bodyweight exercises. After a few months I got really interested in ring training and I started following some routines with different basic exercises. But I got stuck and I realized that I really lack strength and mobility in several areas, and I'm hoping that now with F1/H1 I can address those issues.

 

I still want to keep some ring training just so that I don't lose what I can do now, such as 30s top position hold, 25s german hang, 45s inverted hang, some false grip rows, pullups, dips. But it will be secondary to F1 training.

 

Well, I'm looking forward to interacting with people here :)

Rayne-William

Welcome! F1 and H1 will definitely fix strength deficiencies.  

Bipocni

Welcome to the forum!

Aaronvdm

Look forward to following your progress mate. I too lack mobility and strength. Am planning on purchasing the same programs in the next couple weeks. 

Romulo

Welcome Richard! I'm a Brazilian living in Japan (-_-)

Where are you located in Norway? I spent around one month there and liked it a lot. 

I train usually in parks here in Japan but as a "tropical creature" I find it already difficult to overcome the winter here and train outside. I wonder it should be quite difficult for you there if you don't have a place indoors to train.

If I'm not wrong there will be a GB seminar in Norway in July, great chance for you!

 

Boa sorte e tudo de bom!

Jon Douglas
Romulo said:

I train usually in parks here in Japan but as a "tropical creature" I find it already difficult to overcome the winter here and train outside.

Hehe, I lost a LOT of skin from my hands in both the summer and winter :)

 

 

Welcome aboard, Richard!

Richard Sassoon

Hei guys, thanks for the welcome! :)

 

Aaronvdm said:

Look forward to following your progress mate. I too lack mobility and strength. Am planning on purchasing the same programs in the next couple weeks. 

Well, I just started but I can say that it will be great to follow those programs, you will not regret it ;)

 

Hei Romulo, I live in Trondheim, middle of Norway. Where have you been around here?

You are right, it would be really tough training outside. Luckily I have access to a gym where I can do most of the movements. There are no stall bars, so that could be a problem later on.

I didn't know about the seminar. When exactly is it? If I have the chance I would like to participate. I'm going to Brazil in june/july for the world cup hehe

And where do you live in Japan? I was there last year for 3 weeks, and I loved it! Amazing country!

Valeu! abracos!

Romulo

I went to Oslo,  Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim and Tromso, I think.

The only information that is available so far is that the seminar will be in July, also the seminars in Copenhagen and London.

 I thought stall bars would be more common there, they are everywhere in Sweden though.

I currently live in Nagoya.

Richard Sassoon

You've been to the main cities at least, hope you got to see some of the nature as well!

 

Ok, I will pay attention to the dates when they become available. I hope I can participate.

 

I'm trying to convince people at my gym to install a couple of stall bars... let's see if they agree :)

Bipocni

Good luck.