Stretch one

Started by Boris Mikael Taube, February 4, 2014 · 74 Replies · 25,301 Views

puckshaw

I'm really looking forward to this as well. I'm desperate to increase my mobility and flexibility. I seem strong enough for most of the movements but my lack of these is crippling my progress. The shipping on Kit's book to the US is too much to swallow. I have learned quite a bit from his youtube channel though. This series can't come soon enough! Let me know if you need any early beta testers ;)

INA
Coach Sommer said:

I can unequivocably state that the new Stretch courses goes far beyond Kit's material in it's applications for GST and fits in perfectly with GB methodology.  

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Hi Coach, are these stretching series going to focus on the achievement of the GST end positions - pike, straddle/pancake, backbending/limbers, shoulder stretches, oblique/lateral stretching? 

 

Or are they going to contain stretches/end poses that other disciplines use, like modern dance, ballet, martial arts and yoga?

 

Thanks

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

Well now I can't wait for this to come out. Can we get any official word on what to do in the mean time? Seems people in F1 and H1 are struggling with just the IMs as a means to progress.

 

I disagree.  

 

They are struggling with the iMs because they have never before engaged in focused mobility work.  The body takes time to adjust.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
INA said:

Hi Coach, are these stretching series going to focus on the achievement of the GST end positions - pike, straddle/pancake, backbending/limbers, shoulder stretches, oblique/lateral stretching? 

 

Or are they going to contain stretches/end poses that other disciplines use, like modern dance, ballet, martial arts and yoga?

 

Thanks

 

Nice try.  You should all already know that I never comment on specific course content prior to the course's release.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

pghgymnastics

I'm really anxious for M1 and S1.  I have a long way to go before I'm ready for R1 so anything else that will help me along will be great. Until then back to F1 and H1. Can't wait to finish all of the 1s. 

Ravn
Coach Sommer said:

I disagree.

They are struggling with the iMs because they have never before engaged in focused mobility work. The body takes time to adjust.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

In other words, keep plugging?

Christian
Ravn said:

In other words, keep plugging?

No, grab a chair, get a beer and watch some TV untill it's out :-P

Adriano Augusto

I've been touched by these Coach last posts. Seriously.

Ravn

Ffs Chris, I can't be bothered repeating the mile long posts in the mn6 thread. Go there for elaboration. :-)

Christian

I know, i read that thread :-)

IBGC

R1, S1 and M1 all coming out this year think might need to sell my golf clubs! :)

Guest

Can someone explain to me the difference between mobility and flexibility/stretching? Thanks in advance!

mlaen

I also didn't know S1 is coming out! Ignorance is a bliss, now I can't wait for it!

Laurén Salemi

will this help make someone super flexible like for dance etc., or flexible enough just to do the foundation program. I'm looking for something to help get me to my splits and have good back flexibility

Richard Sassoon

Refer to a previous post by coach on this same thread

 

Nice try.  You should all already know that I never comment on specific course content prior to the course's release.

 

Laurén Salemi

I just want to know what the flexibility is geared for. I'd like to know what i'm paying for that's all. But thanks Richard...not.

Richard Sassoon

Well, the course is not released yet, so we won't know any specifics until then. Just have to be patient...

when finally it's released we all will know if it's something we may need, and still there is a money back guarantee, so you can try it out and see if it's useful for you.

wheezer
Laurén Salemi said:

will this help make someone super flexible like for dance etc., or flexible enough just to do the foundation program. I'm looking for something to help get me to my splits and have good back flexibility

 

My guess is Stretch will be Foundation-specific, but have a lot of carryover. Considering the mobility required for manna, straddle planche and back handsprings, the mobility required should help with front/side splits and good back flexibility.

Ravn

Coach usually states what the goals of the courses are. However, he doesn't do so before the courses are actually released, so we'll have to wait and see.

Keilani Gutierrez

Lauren

none of us really know what's on there(because the people who do, can't disclose) and Coach/Cory usually gives us a heads up through a post on the forum (like when F1 was close to release and also Rings One.) we'll all know once that post is made, assuming they do.

Daniel Burnham

I don't know whats in stretch series but common sense says that gymnasts are very flexible and coach's athletes are no exception.  I would expect it to be like the other programs and be pretty comprehensive.  Can probably expect splits, pancake, shoulder stretches, and more stuff to alleviate your pain.

 

Also there isn't an option to pay for anything yet as it isn't available.  You can be sure that when it is you will know what the course covers as its goals just like every other course that has been released here.  It won't be a mystery. 

RyanC

Sooooooooooo.... I'm just gonna draw some attention to the elephant in the room. Where are the programs? Mobility and Stretch?

 

I not only need it for myself but also for the gymnasts that i teach! The need is greater than myself! Where is it Coach? :wacko::angry::lol:

Coach Sommer

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, however there is no elephant in the room.  It will arrive when it arrives.

 

If you need the stretch series prior to the release of the course, you may always attend a GB Seminar.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Bro'

I agree. Can you come to Paris this weekend?  :D

 

Seriously though, I know dates for European seminars are most likely not final, so I'll just wait some more.  :)