Stretch one

Started by Boris Mikael Taube, February 4, 2014 · 74 Replies · 25,301 Views

Boris Mikael Taube

 Hi

When is strech one coming out? and what is going to contained?

 my flexibility is tha main problem to progress in foundation, so i see forward to the release :)

Bro'

Coach said this year, but he also said he's not ready to announce a release date yet. My bet is for this summer though.  :)

Ravn

Yeah, while the H and R series is the icing on the cake, the S series is the bread and butter.

 

We, the people, demand bread and butter, or we will bring out the pitchforks!

Adriano Augusto

Looking forward to put my muscles on this :D Even though, with Movement release on spring we'll got a fairly decent amount of Movement and stretching in the same package until we wait to Stretch, I hope.

Kopavski

veryyyy niiicee :D didnt even know that strech section would come out. looking forward to it. :)

meras

I had no idea there was a stretch series as well. In fact, I though mobility is going to be about increasing our flexibility.

hunashaman

Can't wait for this one!

Jimmy Bellum

I doubt there are any pre-requisites to Stretch 1 except for being injury free. 

Stretch 1 will make us human again! If only the zombie apocalypse film makers knew this...

Murray Truelove

Kit's material is available now, why not get that? It has lessons in it, you do one a week. Otherwise there is always his YouTube channel.

I've no doubt about the quality of S1 but if it's not available till the summer why not get started right away.

Jimmy Bellum

Absolutely, I already have and implement Kit's material, his stuff is a goldmine.
While there may be overlap, I'm still excited to use/see Coach's approach and what he requires athletes to be able to do (also beyond the basic static gymnastic positions and hopefully also focussing on active flexibility outside the scope of the F/H series).

Bipocni

I'm not entirely sure a stretch series is really necessary.  I mean, we have integrated mobility as it its....

Ravn
Bipocni said:

I'm not entirely sure a stretch series is really necessary.  I mean, we have integrated mobility as it its....

It is necessary, from my perspective. I'm pretty much stuck at the MN progressions, and need something extra to gain traction again.

Adriano Augusto

Bipocni, we have no idea of what "stretch" really means to Coach. According to the review about the London seminar, what we think is stretching hard, to him is merely limbering. And I know if he reads this he will put this ->  :icon_twisted:

Cory Fair
Murray Truelove said:

Kit's material is available now, why not get that? It has lessons in it, you do one a week. Otherwise there is always his YouTube channel.

I've no doubt about the quality of S1 but if it's not available till the summer why not get started right away.

 

Neither Coach nor I have said summer. Assumptions are merely assumptions!

Murray Truelove
Cory Fair said:

Neither Coach nor I have said summer. Assumptions are merely assumptions!

You're right. I was just referring to what was said earlier in the thread.

Now you mention it.... It would be great to get a release date...

Coach Sommer
Ravn said:

Yeah, while the H and R series is the icing on the cake, the S series is the bread and butter.

 

We, the people, demand bread and butter, or we will bring out the pitchforks!

 

Have you thought this through?  You really want me to integrate pitchforks as a coaching tool into your training?   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
Murray Truelove said:

Kit's material is available now, why not get that? It has lessons in it, you do one a week. Otherwise there is always his YouTube channel.

I've no doubt about the quality of S1 but if it's not available till the summer why not get started right away.

 

I can unequivocably state that the new Stretch courses goes far beyond Kit's material in it's applications for GST and fits in perfectly with GB methodology.   The just past GB Denver Seminar got a taste of the new Stretch program this past weekend.  They were ectastic and couldn't believe how effective the training was.  

 

2014 is going to be a banner year for GB.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer
Bipocni said:

I'm not entirely sure a stretch series is really necessary.  I mean, we have integrated mobility as it its....

 

You will be sure once you have experienced a correct flexiblity training session.   :icon_twisted:

 

Training mobility and training flexibility requires two separate and distinct approaches.  Both are necessary for complete athletic development.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

LateStarter@46

The Stretch series cannot come soon enough  :(

Looking forward to it very much  :)

Murray Truelove

Well now I can't wait for this to come out. Can we get any official word on what to do in the mean time? Seems people in F1 and H1 are struggling with just the IMs as a means to progress.

Riku Calderón

This is so cool!!!

Kopavski

my wallet is hurting :D

IcedDante
Murray Truelove said:

Kit's material is available now, why not get that? It has lessons in it, you do one a week. Otherwise there is always his YouTube channel.

I've no doubt about the quality of S1 but if it's not available till the summer why not get started right away.

Can you provide a link to the lessons? Thanks

Murray Truelove
IcedDante said:

Can you provide a link to the lessons? Thanks

They're in Kit's book "stretching and flexibility" though all the stretches can be seen on his YouTube channel. His book also has suggested stretches for specific sports.

NoHiddenCosts
ewethestuff said:

As for summer though... I will interpret "2014" as Dec 31st :-)

Well played, sir.

 

I had no idea there would be a Stretch Series! There is no end to excitement in this program!