...it was the loathing of having to come back and do it all over again for me...
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
RC/PE9 form check
Started by EDM, February 2, 2014 · 38 Replies · 1,303 Views
Ravn said:...it was the loathing of having to come back and do it all over again for me...
Me too....
I have a cold now and I am almost happy about it because I was going to test for mastery of pe6 RC today... Now I don't have too! ![]()
ausswe said:I have a cold now and I am almost happy about it because I was going to test for mastery of pe6 RC today... Now I don't have too!
(Don't feed the troll)
Yeah, but when you come back, you'll be weaker, and have to spend another month on the last mini cycle (ppffrttthh, hahaha) ![]()
God damit ravn....... Why would you point that out to me. Let me live in my dream world at least while I'm sick!! I am determined to achieve mastery the second week it get back to training after being sick so no matter how much my muscles burn I'm not coming down! Hopefully it is enough..... Really want to get on to f2 because I'm sure I'll breeze through most of it and get to do the fun stuff that comes in f3.
Although as much as I loathe pe6 it has really done wonders for my climbing. I have been so much stronger for it and will always keep a set as warm up.
Just to crush you some more ;-) PE10 is waaaaaay harder than PE6 :-) in the latter all you have to do is hold on...
LateStarter@46 said:Just to crush you some more ;-) PE10 is waaaaaay harder than PE6 :-) in the latter all you have to do is hold on...
"Hold on, 'till you feeeeeeel a little stronge-er, hold o-on..." Oh god, why... ![]()
Haha actually I don't have any problem with pe10 I can already do mastery of that albeit the end position still feels awkward due to flexibility I think but still able to do it. I attribute that to my experience with rock climbing though.
ausswe said:Really want to get on to f2 because I'm sure I'll breeze through most of it and get to do the fun stuff that comes in f3.
I'm very curious to see what's coming in F3...now only PE 12 is left, assuming I've made no mistakes with 11, 13 & 14......
Nice videos and nice development :-)
You jumped PE 12! Very bad, go to the bottom of the class.
I know! I jumped it!
That's actually because I'm training on a 2+1 weekly schedule, where I do my normal foundation routine on the first 2 days (Monday and Wednesday/Thursday), plus free foundation fun on the last day (Friday/Saturday).
By foundation fun I mean playing with more advanced PE and/or revisiting older ones. The fact is that sometimes I managed to master more advanced PEs in this extra day....well, I actually workout seriously also on the extra day , and then rest all the weekend.
However, PE12 is coming! I'll post a video for critique in the next days.
bye,
As promised....PE12:
This is the last one between me and F3. It's still quite hard and I could only do 4x3 at the first attempt.
I'm not yet sure about the form as I fell like I'm not keeping the arms wide enough and my elbows go a little bit forward maybe.
critiques welcome!
thanks!
For PE11 and PE12, you need to start the concentric phase by pulling your hands further apart first and then pull your body up while you keep your hands apart.
You should feel your body lifting upward as you pull your hands further apart.
Hey, thanks for the advice!
I think somehow I unconsciously started to do as you suggested some time ago, pulling apart first and then up...I felt the exercise a bit differently in this way, like more on the lats maybe. Now I'll focus on this more.
Overall I think form has improved and I've come to a point where I can do 4 sets of 4 L ring pullups + 3/4 normal ring pullups. Quite confident to be able to do 5x5 after another weekend of rest and food ![]()
However, since april I've put less efforts in RC progression and prioritized those where I'm weaker (SL, MN, sPL), still I realized quite a good gain in terms of pulling strenght and resistanc, doubling my pullups from 1x7 to 1x15 strict pullups chest to bar with full ROM !!
I was quite surprised myself, but not as much as my crosfitters friends from the gym.........!