This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Looking through the course...

Started by Joakim Anderson, January 31, 2014 · 56 Replies · 1,914 Views

Joakim Anderson

... and enthusiasm is high. Great read on the press handstand and what a goldmine for straddle flexibilty! I haven't mastered F1 yet but I'm definitely going to play around a little with the earliest progressions here.

strme

me too, im´s looks evil :D

Christian

Wonder why the iM stops after the PE?

Mark Collins
Christian said:

Wonder why the iM stops after the PE?

Maybe because by then your mobility is awesome:)

Jon Douglas

I think at that point the SE pretty well covers the mobility aspect too, particularly if you've mastered H1 completely and gotten into those last couple nasty ones.

Jon Douglas

Addendum;

Thank you so.much for this course, i can't wait to get my teeth into it.

Expect inappropriate inverted straddle pics soon! :D

ausswe

So I guess we rest as necessary with the se's

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

So I guess we rest as necessary with the se's

It specifies to treat it as skill work, so rest as necessary. I guess we're not to push the volume and rest periods until we have perfect presses for at least 5*5.

Seems reasonable, nothing we aren't used to.

Alan Tseng

what does rest as necessary me

ausswe

Rest long enough so that you can do each set with perfect form. Basically means if you need a bit more rest then Take a bit more rest, you don't need to kill yourself trying to get them done with no rest.

Christian
Jon Douglas said:

Addendum;

i can't wait to get my teeth into it.

Only way this is possible would be to scan a picture of your teeth, hack into the course site and upload it....

Why do you want this?

IBGC

Just tried pHS/PE1 > iM and wishing I had went for the oak wall bars instead of pine and the carpeted garage floor instead of the concrete, the sense of impending doom is huge...but what a stretch! :)

Jon Douglas
Christian said:

Only way this is possible would be to scan a picture of your teeth, hack into the course site and upload it....

Why do you want this?

Hmmm... Sounds like a challenge....

Christian
Jon Douglas said:

Hmmm... Sounds like a challenge....

I dare you :-)

Bro'

Imagine Cory's reaction when he sees teeth replacing the PEs.  :lol:

Cory Fair
Bro said:

Imagine Cory's reaction when he sees teeth replacing the PEs.  :lol:

 

I love a good prank because it gives me an excuse to perform a bigger one in turn :)

Keilani Gutierrez

this place has such a unique dynamic , i can't help but love it here :D

Stephen Majerle

Definitely going to need stall bars with this course. Don't see any way around it anymore.

Alan Tseng

By the way, anyone surprised that after h1+h2 and foundation we still haven't seen wall slides and dorsal pushups

Joshua Slocum

Eh you've got to leave some mobility for rings :)

Alan Tseng
Joshua Slocum said:

Eh you've got to leave some mobility for rings :)

By the time we get to Rings, I'm no longer sure if we can still call it "mobility" :P

gohei_
Hmms said:

By the time we get to Rings, I'm no longer sure if we can still call it "mobility" :P

Yeah, more like torture!  :blink:

Mark Collins

I had a play on the iM and just found a great way to self mobilise the subtalar joint in the foot. I felt like my heels were going to snap off. This is a hidden gem because a stiff sub talar joint can cause Achilles and calf injuries. I have never known a Physio that knows how to do a self subtalar joint mobilisation. .

I think all Universities that teach Physio/Physical therapy need a subject "why researchers exercises suck and Gymnastic exercises 101"

Keilani Gutierrez

what iM's, Mark? like the inverted pull one's?

Jason Stein

I am wondering if SE5-6-7 (tuck, straddle, pike) are 5x5 of touch-n-go, or clusters?

 

That is perform exactly like video and stand back up between reps?

 

I am very excited to pursue this, as the progressions (and standards of mastery) will diagnose and fix my press deficiencies --- previously press work progressions I used were either too hard to perform volume (too much max effort), or too easy to create enough stress.

 

And as noted in the beginning of the course, I am also super curious to see how the manna/straddle-L work works synergistically.