Before Foundation

Started by kaliwarrior79, January 30, 2014 · 9 Replies · 2,626 Views

kaliwarrior79

Hello everyone first time posting, first off thanks for all the hard work and effort yall put into making this site a wealth of knowledge and information.

At the moment im trying to sweet talk my wife into getting F1 and H1 for my bday present but its going to take some convincing. Would it be recommended to just use the Killroy70 template until I get the program?

Also in doing the FSP's is it best to do them as a circuit then rest or do them individually and then move onto the FBE's? Thanks

kaliwarrior79

Most of the prereqs and body line drills I can hold for 60 secs, and have moved on to the first progression in the Planche, BL, Fl, and LSit can hold for 30 secs.

Would it beneficial to follow a Killroy70 type program until I can afford the Foundation series?

Thank you for your response

Bipocni
kaliwarrior79 said:

Most of the prereqs and body line drills I can hold for 60 secs, and have moved on to the first progression in the Planche, BL, Fl.....

When you say the first progressions, do you mean planche leans, german hangs and L hangs?

 

But yeah, Killroy is pretty good.

kaliwarrior79

Yes those, just want to make sure that im working on the most productive program I can until I get the cash for F1

Joshua Slocum
kaliwarrior79 said:

Most of the prereqs and body line drills I can hold for 60 secs, and have moved on to the first progression in the Planche, BL, Fl, and LSit can hold for 30 secs.

Would it beneficial to follow a Killroy70 type program until I can afford the Foundation series?

Thank you for your response

 

You want to hold them for 60s for reps sets, with minimal rest; not just one hold in isolation. See this post: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93503

 

If you have done that, then yes it would be beneficial to move on to the killroy template. If you haven't yet worked up to that level, you're going to have to anyways if you plan on taking up Foundation. 

kaliwarrior79

I did a little more digging, many posters said 3x60 secs for each hold, not sure I can do 3 sets, so I will master that first and then move on. Thanks for the advice again very helpful

kaliwarrior79

What do you mean for reps? Like hold it come down and hold it again and so forth or is it a solid hold for 60 secs x 3. I did read that post and it was informative

Joshua Slocum
kaliwarrior79 said:

What do you mean for reps? Like hold it come down and hold it again and so forth or is it a solid hold for 60 secs x 3. I did read that post and it was informative

By reps I meant sets :). E.g. a 60s hold, then a short (~30s) rest, then another hold.

kaliwarrior79

I now know that I got some work to do, mostly in arch and reverse plank are my weak areas. But I will master each before moving on.

I have previously been working on the main 4 static holds and was having some difficulty, im glad that I have had an awakening of sorts, thanks GB family