This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE2>iM form check

Started by rafal, January 28, 2014 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

rafal

ok, here's my first form check with iM2

Grip is quite wide as you can see, weight is 7.5 lbs (thought it was 5lbs, next time I'll try with less weight)

It's hard for me to lift arms to proper height. I think I lack strength because I have no problems with german hangs (training on rings over a year, including GH), and with some help of gravity or spotter I can achieve good ROM.

Am I leaning too much forward? When I try to open my chest more I loose ROM.

What are your suggestions?

 

TANSTAAFL

Ha. If that's wide, I don't know what you'd call mine :). Definitely go with less weight and try again. It does seem like your leaning a forward a little as well. From all I've gathered, you should be feeling a stretch in the chest (while it remains up), keeping the shoulders rolled back, and bringing the arms to parallel.

 

Personally I would lower the weight and widen the grip until you can do it as rx'd, slowly narrow the grip to mastery, then rinse and repeat with a heavier load in your WU as you move on to the next PE. Here is another form check with other tips that may help.

ausswe

I found doing these facing a wall helps stop you from leaning forward during the movement. You want your body to be straight and the only move,ent should be your arms.

TANSTAAFL
ausswe said:

I found doing these facing a wall helps stop you from leaning forward during the movement. You want your body to be straight and the only move,ent should be your arms.

For some reason I can only picture smushing my face into the wall and trying to check my form in a mirror when I read this :).