This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

hollow body holds. Arms up or down?

Started by Mark Collins, January 27, 2014 · 39 Replies · 1,078 Views

Ravn

60 reps -> im -> 45 sec rest -> repeat

VegVeg

So...back to bHBH with arms overhead would be a good idea?  :unsure:

LateStarter@46

^ yes  :(

 

I've found it harder to maintain the PPT in the end sets of 5 x 60s - my legs go higher to compensate. Tuts.

On the bright side, arms by ears is not so much trouble in the hold, ... rocks will be a different matter.

VegVeg

Wish there was a 'dislike' button here to express my dismay  B-)

Christian
VegVeg said:

Wish there was a 'dislike' button here to express my dismay  B-)

You can like then unlike, not the same, but might offer you some release :lol:

Ravn

Only one remedy will do. Grit your teeth!  :icon_twisted:

Michael Taylor

"So...back to bHBH with arms overhead would be a good idea? "

I am quietly increasing my reps on FL/PE4 (5 x 41r and going up!)

Don't open up this can of worms! I'll take those hits when I reach HBR!!! :-)

Mark Collins

Even though the HBH and HBR are hard they seem key for a lot of exercises.

Joshua Slocum
Mark Collins said:

Even though the HBH and HBR are hard they seem key for a lot of exercises.

Yup, that's why they're there.

jvenna
Michael Taylor said:

"So...back to bHBH with arms overhead would be a good idea? "

I dont think that bHBH would be good for candidate for this. The balance would be wrong without the feet countering the weight of the arms. sHBH would propably bee better for an easier version before HBH.

LateStarter@46

I agree, I missed the little 'b' in VegVeg's post. I thought HBH was being referred to. Sorry, my bad.

 

Arms back for HBH and HBR.

 

 

[leave the straddle ones out of it! :icon_twisted:  :) ]

Alan Tseng

I think the benefits of arms overhead have specific carryover to maintaining handstands

strme

for me ,no good rolling with arms at hips.. 

Joshua Slocum
Hmms said:

I think the benefits of arms overhead have specific carryover to maintaining handstands

The benefit of arms overhead is that it's harder, and thus builds more strength. 

Alan Tseng
Joshua Slocum said:

The benefit of arms overhead is that it's harder, and thus builds more strength. 

Never said anything contrary.