This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Solving your straddle up problems!

Started by Christian, January 26, 2014 · 72 Replies · 4,786 Views

Christian

I have to try that trick:
 

 

Edit: updated link

ausswe

Says video is unavailable

Christian

Thanks man, link is updated

Ravn

That's the exact area that gives me pain when I pancake. Should be interesting, thanks a lot Christian.

Bro'

'This isn't magic.' Yes, yes it is!

Adriano Augusto

Yeah, but first one has to have that initial ROM :D Sure I'll give it a try. 

 

Kit Laughlin, the Coach of flexibility. Awesome.

Bro'

He says we can't do it ourselves, though. It must be hard to find the spots in the first place and I can't imagine it's easy to do when in the stretch. Still, I'll explore the possibility.

Bipocni

My sticking point seems to be on the back of my legs, somwhere around where my hamstrings and glutes crossover.  So no dice from this just yet.  When I get a bit deeper, I'll give it a go.

Joakim Anderson

I think this is exactly what I need. Thanks!

Murray Truelove

He's some sort of sorcerer!

thecolin
Bro said:

He says we can't do it ourselves, though. It must be hard to find the spots in the first place and I can't imagine it's easy to do when in the stretch. Still, I'll explore the possibility.

 

If I can't find somebody, I'll pay somebody to do it if it can improve my pancake that much!

Joakim Anderson
thecolin said:

If I can't find somebody, I'll pay somebody to do it if it can improve my pancake that much!

 

My thought aswell. :P

Murray Truelove

I had a go at doing it myself and the results incredible. I've always suffered with sharp pain in my gracilis whenever I did this sort of stretch and immediately after digging between the two muscles I was able to get SO much further into this stretch. Just got to find someone to do it to me properly now!

spinelli

Same as you Murray I'm nowhere near the video in terms of flexibility, I can't even bring my body up past vertical whilst maintaining a flat back, but I just started digging my fingers in and it became much easier. Definitely going to help with MNPE2.
Hurts like hell, but you just have to smile through it.

ausswe

This..... Is incredible.

LateStarter@46

Must give this a try - what is he doing, digging in between muscles or rubbing along the muscle?

Jennifer

He is rubbing between the gracilis and inner hamstring.   Prepare to be bruised, he says.   :blink:

Bro'

After reading Murray and spinelli, I really have to try this tomorrow on straddle-ups day. I'm definitely at a point where doing this properly could help reach the floor. Would still need the hip flexor strength for the move, hah.

-MR

"Excuse me random gym goer but my gracilis is really tight; would you mind coming over and rubbing my inner thighs for me?". Can someone please post a video of how this strategy works out for them? :)

spinelli

sure am bruised now. ouch!

Mark Collins

Muscle release with movement works wonders. Now what will blow your mind is that some people may respond as well from a release of a muscle or joint that is away from the area being stretched. Each person is different and for one person a stiff cervical joint may be limiting there pancake stretch. You never know until it is released.

The power of the foundation series is that the vast array of exercises will clear up a problems in many areas of the body.

Bro'

I tried it but can't seem to find it, I didn't manage to feel the pain. :P I spent 10 minutes on an anatomy site to visualise the gracilis and the muscles around it. I'll try again today and see if I have more success.

Bro'

This thing is amazing, even after doing it maybe not even half decently, the gain in ROM is crazy. Yesterday at my karate lesson, people were amazed at my ROM because just the previous week, only one person could go that far. In just one week, I had caught up.  :lol:

 

Can't wait for the vid that properly shows how to do it, with this, it's perfect pancake in a month.  B-)

wheezer
-MR said:

"Excuse me random gym goer but my gracilis is really tight; would you mind coming over and rubbing my inner thighs for me?". Can someone please post a video of how this strategy works out for them? :)

Must be hottest girl in the gym.

Blair Norwood
Bipocni said:

My sticking point seems to be on the back of my legs, somwhere around where my hamstrings and glutes crossover.  So no dice from this just yet.  When I get a bit deeper, I'll give it a go.

Could you get into position, and roll with a lacrosse ball? Mobilize in the position?