This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Integrating Handstand 1 with Foundation 1

Started by juiop, January 26, 2014 · 4 Replies · 403 Views

juiop

I was looking at the Handstand 1 weekly routine structure and am getting confused with intergrating it.

For example, in H1 it says that if you want to do H1 4x/week then the integrated schedule looks like this:

Mon - H1

Tue - H1

Wed - F1 (ALL OF IT)

Thu - H1

Fri - H1

Sat - F1 (ALL OF IT)

Now What i initially believed was integrated H1 into the F1 template would just have meant doing H1 work on the same days as you do F1..

But now am I suppose to just do the F1 all in one go, twice a week (as suggested in H1 template) ? Working out 6x/week can be a bit difficult.

Thanks!

Jimmy Bellum

It's not all as rigid as you think. I use the F1 4x/week template + 2 HS (after workout B) template. The workout scheduler may be of help as there are even more options that fit your preferences (and recovery ability). http://my.gymnasticbodies.com/settings/index.php or go to the courses page -> print this week's workout -> workout settings

Jure Rakuljic
juiop said:

I was looking at the Handstand 1 weekly routine structure and am getting confused with intergrating it.

 

For example, in H1 it says that if you want to do H1 4x/week then the integrated schedule looks like this:

 

Mon - H1

Tue - H1

Wed - F1 (ALL OF IT)

Thu - H1

Fri - H1

Sat - F1 (ALL OF IT)

 

Now looking at Foundations 1 Example of a 4x/week cycle we have:

 

Mon - FL/sPL/HBP/RC (Workout A)

Tue - Mn/SL/SLS (Workout B)

Thu - FL/sPL/HBP/RC (Workout A)

Fri - Mn/SL/SLS (Workout B)

 

Now What i initially believed was integrated H1 into the F1 template above, would just have meant doing H1 work on the same days as you do F1 (regardless of whether its workout A or B).

 

But now am I suppose to just do the F1 all in one go, twice a week (as suggested in H1 template) ? Working out 6x/week can be a bit difficult.

 

Thanks!

 

Read this: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/13942-serious-questions-about-incorporating-h1-with-f1/

 

Also read my pm to coach.

 

Hi coach.

I dont know if you have time too help me out with this. But anyway i will ask and hope for an answer. My questions is if i want too do handstand-1 3-4/week can i just add this on top of my 4day foundation work? So it would look like this: 

day 1 f1+h1 

day 2 f1+h1

day 3 f1+h1

day 4 f1+h1

And not do the F7 day? (Many people prefer it this way it seems like).

 

Answer:

 

Sure.  As long as you are recovering properly I see no issue here.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

juiop

 Yes, this is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you for your post. I saw your other thread and posted there. I have seen GB workouts before Foundations/Handstand 1, where you would do wrist workouts 3-4x/week, provided you are not pushing your limits on them. I will do exactly what you are doing.

Jure Rakuljic

Glad to help you :)