This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 When Did This Change?

Started by Somalie, January 24, 2014 · 35 Replies · 1,767 Views

Bipocni

Guys, you're overthinking this.  It's just meant to be an easier version of a row where you're allowed to pike at the hips.  Nothing more.

TANSTAAFL
Bipocni said:

Guys, you're overthinking this.  It's just meant to be an easier version of a row where you're allowed to pike at the hips.  Nothing more.

I think I remember someone saying this before, and then before that... :facepalm: .

wheezer

Loving the new version. In the old version I struggled to engage my lats, but with my arms in the "surrender" position the lat contraction is unmistakable!

Norbert Marko

There was a long-ass a topic about this in the spring-summer time and everyone agreed on the thing that it is like a front lever pull, assisted on the ground with your feet. I think Joshua wrote it, and even Coach Sommer agreed on the fact. I did it that way. It was hard, really hard... but when I finished week 11 with good form I felt like a beast and the other progressions I tried out were much easier. Now I do not know if the form in the new video can be as effective for future development as the one discussed.

I do not want to confuse anyone or overthink this but I am a little bit confused too even though I finished RC/PE1 once. 

Bipocni
Norbert Marko said:

Now I do not know if the form in the new video can be as effective for future development as the one discussed.

They don't look too different.

 

 

Sure it might be good to perform a harder variation of the exercise to prepare yourself for later front lever work, but we have F2-4 for that...

Norbert Marko
Bipocni said:

They don't look too different.

 

 

Sure it might be good to perform a harder variation of the exercise to prepare yourself for later front lever work, but we have F2-4 for that...

yea, its kinda the same. I was doing front lever pulls (scaled down) on a high bar and thats why I differentiate between elbows in and elbows at the sides.

we have F2-4, that is true, but i am almost certain that if you do the elbows in variation, it will be more taxing, and carries over better to the next progressions. (and hey, why not, if you can do it in the same amount of time :) )

Bipocni
Norbert Marko said:

we have F2-4, that is true, but i am almost certain that if you do the elbows in variation, it will be more taxing, and carries over better to the next progressions. (and hey, why not, if you can do it in the same amount of time :) )

Norbert Marko
Bipocni said:

 

Norbert Marko said:

we have F2-4, that is true, but i am almost certain that if you do the elbows in variation, it will be more taxing, and carries over better to the next progressions. (and hey, why not, if you can do it in the same amount of time :) )

 

yeah, it is just an idea for the ones who feel that they are a little bit stronger to start with :)

samtrano

I was happy to find this was easier than what I was doing before. I got my girlfriend to join in with my workout though and she's is having trouble doing one rep. Is there something she can do to work up to it? I had her hold the bottom position for 12 seconds instead of doing any reps today but was thinking there is probably something better to do, like negatives. Any ideas?

Jure Rakuljic
IcedDante said:

I'm not sure what you mean: the height ring would vary based on the individual. Start from the "hinged" pike position so that the hands are at the same height as in the demo video. Adjust the rings as necessary to get into that position. Then start the movement from there.

Yeah i see, i had a bad night things went wrong etc were frustrated. But yeah in this praticular exercies you can see where the right position shud be, but what confuses me is why rc-pe2 is so mutch  easier then rc-pe1? Makes me woundering at what hight the rings shud be at rc-pe2. I can already do them already 3x15 when i tryed for fun not too long ago. But this exercies is way harder.

IcedDante
Jure Rakuljic said:

Yeah i see, i had a bad night things went wrong etc were frustrated. But yeah in this praticular exercies you can see where the right position shud be, but what confuses me is why rc-pe2 is so mutch  easier then rc-pe1? Makes me woundering at what hight the rings shud be at rc-pe2. I can already do them already 3x15 when i tryed for fun not too long ago. But this exercies is way harder.

I know what you're getting at. I will be honest, when I first purchased F1 and was doing my mastery tests, I kind of thought RC PE1 was a joke... the equivalent of "granny pushups" in HBP PE1 which are very easy for me. I didn't have a ring setup so I just did it hanging off a table and probably did some weird hackneyed variation and skipped ahead to PE2. Then I read that the great Slizzardman was slowly working his way through this progression and I knew with a sinking feeling that I probably wasn't ready for this movement.

 

Now that I've conclusively proved to myself that I can not demonstrate mastery of PE1 on the rings I'm back at doing hinge rows again and I'm not sure what makes them so hard. About to go do them now so I will have to pay close attention to what muscles are failing here.