This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 When Did This Change?

Started by Somalie, January 24, 2014 · 35 Replies · 1,767 Views

Somalie

Seriously this changes everything... Ugh and Lol, all at the same time.

Christian

That was different.

PanPomidor

It does seem to differ quite a lot... and I'm not talking about hip positioning only (clearly above floor now) 

Coach Sommer

How so?

The written text has always specified glutes off the floor. Now the video clearly matches the written text with no possibility of confusion.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

spyro7800

well "just of the ground"??? in the new video its not just off the ground....and before we it did with elbows in front..and now we are pulling them behind...hm..well hopefully it will be easier   :D

Duff

Good thing I went back to remaster these, this is much closer to my form than the original video was, only my rings are a little lower. Is that a problem at all?

The Hansenator

I don't think I've been pulling my hands/elbows back far enough. Looking forward to trying.

Riku Calderón

Is there other changes?

Coach Sommer

You guys are seriously overthinking these.  

 

Adust the rings so that your glutes are off the ground.  Hinging at the hips, row/pull up while keeping the glutes off the ground and then return back to the starting position.  Complete the required number of reps.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Daniel Burnham
Coach Sommer said:

You guys are seriously overthinking these.  

 

Adust the rings so that your glutes are off the ground.  Hinging at the hips, row/pull up while keeping the glutes off the ground and then return back to the starting position.  Complete the required number of reps.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Something tells me you dont get this much discussion from your athletes  :P

Coach Sommer
Daniel Burnham said:

Something tells me you dont get this much discussion from your athletes  :P

 

Rope climbs for too much conversation and not enough sweating does indeed tend to quiet things down.     :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Somalie

Thanks for the video coach... Having a visual does help clarify things though. Loving foundation through and through. Wish I could get the rest of the series... But I'm afraid of injuring myself through curiosity. I'm going to say foundation can be more of a mental challenge than a physical one.

Joakim Anderson

Nice to see it corrected!

Keegan Y

Awesome! Thanks for the updated video Coach.

Bipocni
spyro7800 said:

well "just of the ground"??? in the new video its not just off the ground....and before we it did with elbows in front..and now we are pulling them behind...hm..well hopefully it will be easier   :D

Actually, in the old video there was always that little elbow flare, it was just less noticeable than now.

Guest

Ohhhhhkaaaaay, this looks significantly harder, back to week 1!

IcedDante

Thanks for the update guys. This variation does look harder in the new video... gonna have to try it after my PE3 reload week. If course updates like this are going to be a normal thing, and I hope they are, we should have a way of alerting the community

Bipocni
IcedDante said:

Thanks for the update guys. This variation does look harder in the new video... gonna have to try it after my PE3 reload week. If course updates like this are going to be a normal thing, and I hope they are, we should have a way of alerting the community

I'm assuming it was updated around the same time that F3&4 were released.

 

I don't think there's many other complaints people may have about the course materials.  I know there was an elevated heel in SLS/PE2 but it's barely noticeable and/or has been changed as well.

MattProulx

When all else fails I do as the text says, for example RC/PE4(and 5 will be the same I imagine) says Elevate the feet to approximately ring height, I translate that to mean the rings as low as my heels. for someone else that might mean the toes, and by the video it looks more that way, not a big issue for me, a little harder will make me stronger, but I intend on getting through things without overthinking, good form matters most. 

Finnbar

It is excellent to see changes made where needed. Definitely makes the online only format more worthwhile IMO.

I second the idea for a little memo of any updates.

Guest

Just tried the updated version today, to my surprise they were not as hard as I thought they would be, in fact they were slightly easier than the previous version and I filmed myself doing them just to be sure that my form was correct. I won't have to go back to week one:)

Joakim Anderson

They were pretty much the same to me.

Jure Rakuljic

The most frustrating workout ever, damn! This is harder then the old rc-pe1 damn. And the damn floor was slippery grrr!

 

Anyway im one of those guys who are confused about the height of the rings. I just could not know approximatley how high the ring shud be. Coach say just keep gluets of the ground but the height of the rings have a huge impact on the difficulty.

The rc-pe2 for example have the rings higher up and is way more easy then rc-pe1. I can already master rc-pe2 but i cant even do 6reps of rc-pe1.

Can some friendy soul who knows (maybe coach)  write down the current ring height measurments for where the rings apprioximatley shud be for each rc-progression this is very importiant. 

IcedDante

I'm not sure what you mean: the height ring would vary based on the individual. Start from the "hinged" pike position so that the hands are at the same height as in the demo video. Adjust the rings as necessary to get into that position. Then start the movement from there.

kimura

Is it necessary to pull the arms so far back? This wasn't emphasized nearly as much in the first video.

Obviously the form in this video is different from the first one, but the main difference was meant to be clarification of the glutes off the ground thing. The upper body form is pretty different as well. The athlete pulls back much more than the previous video.