This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

S1 Pre-requisite for F1? Stretching...

Started by edna, January 23, 2014 · 31 Replies · 1,993 Views

edna

Hi Guys,

 

Should S1 (Stretch1) be the pre-requisite for F1?

 

I read, I think on Kit Laughlin's and this forum some products are to be forthcoming. Hope this is true.

 

Anyway, I am on board with Stretching & Flexibility now after ignoring my inner zombies for too long and hopefully I will find this journey fruitful.

 

I hope to actually progress satisfactorily this year and face and deal with my real problems.

 

Am planning on attending Kit's workshop very soon as well.

 

That is all.

 

Cheers

Bipocni

I'm pretty sure the integrated mobility is supposed to cover it.

 

I'm actually holding out for Coach releasing a warmup series, given the intense nature of future progressions.

ausswe

He mentioned recently in another post that f4 stuff is used as a warm up for his athletes when they do rings :D. There was talk of a stretch book/course but it doesn't seem like anything coming any time soon

Jon Douglas
ausswe said:

He mentioned recently in another post that f4 stuff is used as a warm up for his athletes when they do rings :D. There was talk of a stretch book/course but it doesn't seem like anything coming any time soon

Warmup AND cooldown :o

ausswe

Imagine cooling down with spl and a manna.........

edna
Bipocni said:

I'm pretty sure the integrated mobility is supposed to cover it.

 

I'm actually holding out for Coach releasing a warmup series, given the intense nature of future progressions.

Yeah, see that is the point of my post. I was under the same impression and I believe this was my biggest blind spot: you should be seriously stretching. I agree, IMs are working for me, however, I am going nowhere really.

 

ROM is my severely limiting factor, not the ability to gain strength/reps in that ROM - just the basic ability to hold a position without massive tension for week 1 rep 1.

Coach Sommer

There is indeed a forthcoming GB Stretch course.  However I am not yet ready to provide a release date.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Excited to get confirmation this is happening! Do you think this has any chance of coming out this year or is it a long way off still?

Coach Sommer

It will be this year.   :icon_cool:

 

However, a specific release date has not yet been assigned.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

ausswe

Oh hell yea! :D so much to look forward to this year.

Iguanus

I'm thrilled to know it! It will be funny the new wave of zombie attacks that will come along. I wonder how will this affect later F1 starters. Perhaps an cross data analysis of pre-S1 and pos-S1 beginners progress will teach us a lot about bottlenecks!

Alan Tseng
Coach Sommer said:

It will be this year. :icon_cool:

However, a specific release date has not yet been assigned.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Is this the one that's being worked with Kit Laughlin?

Coach Sommer
Hmms said:

Is this the one that's being worked with Kit Laughlin?

 

No, that particular project did not come to fruition.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Slocum

What level of stretching is going to be in the course? Is it intended to be worked alongside Foundation? As an advanced course to be done afterwards? A bit of both?

Nash
Coach Sommer said:

It will be this year.   :icon_cool:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Laughing and crying simultaneously! I bought kit's book just a few days ago!

Bipocni
Joshua Slocum said:

What level of stretching is going to be in the course? Is it intended to be worked alongside Foundation? As an advanced course to be done afterwards? A bit of both?

Don't forget how many modules is it going to have...

Iguanus

Bump: any news on course development?

Jon Douglas

Shhh! I need M1 next! >: (

(just kidding :) )

Iguanus

Hey, John, I realized I don't know what M series is going to be about. Any clues?

Bipocni
Iguanus said:

Hey, John, I realized I don't know what M series is going to be about. Any clues?

I know circles/flares are going to show up in it.  Also various plyometric work like clapping pushups, wheels ect...

Iguanus

Any ideas on how will all of these series amount on time quota? It seems things are starting to lean heabily on intensive focus. If they may be worked out slowly, with limited time stamps, I'll probably jump in on the years to come =)

Iguanus

Bump.

 

Any News on possible release date for S series?

ausswe

The next product to be released was movement and that release date was scrapped the day before release for some other program we know nothing about and has no release date information so I think stretch 1 is a long long way away still.

meras

Midnight Arizona time :)

Iguanus

Too bad, Auswee. Coach has said this year, so I hope it won't be that long before it, but I'd really appreciate to have it ASAP. iMs aren't cutting it completely =(

 

Meras, I guess you have the time right =D