Biren P. said:The scapula depression in the lean adds a difficult element to the mix...
You mean I'm not supposed to be depressing during one arm planks?... ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nash, January 23, 2014 · 30 Replies · 1,046 Views
Biren P. said:The scapula depression in the lean adds a difficult element to the mix...
You mean I'm not supposed to be depressing during one arm planks?... ![]()
I belive you should, Planche is all about depression and protraction. I'm doing both in every sPL step.
I'm going to record my One Handed Plank tomorrow, still fighting with balance but pretty close to mastery i think. But still need to know what you guys think ![]()
Bipocni said:You mean I'm not supposed to be depressing during one arm planks?...
You know, the course work never specified to focus on depression until planche leans. PE1, i focused only on protraction. PE2-4, I focused on protraction and tucking the hips.
Maybe I am wrong but if the course never listed depression until PE5, then it wasn't a concern at that time. But, as the instructions say, the movements progress in order of increasing neuromuscular coordination. In my view, F1 planche was set up to first teach protraction, then tucking hips, then depression. I think each PE only has one lesson to teach.
Maybe this is why so many people are stagnating on the very simplest of exercises...trying to learn everything all at once at the very beginning.
Like I said, I could be completely wrong. But when I have taught students (wushu), I've learned not to put too much food in the appetizer. Or, expect them to fail/stagnate for months.
This is my sPL PE4 mastery check, last set. I've recorded myself for the first time. Few things to improve overe here. What do you guys think?
Nice, level shoulders and hips.
I'm seeing some bend in the hips (right arm). But it could be due to clothing. If not, I would make sure that glutes are tight and you're PPTing.
Make sure that you're actively protracting the scapula. If you do another video, I would try to show going from 0 protraction to max protraction as you get into position so it's more obvious.
I'm still learning this one so please take my comments with a grain of salt until someone with mastery comments. ![]()
-Nash
Yeah, there's small difference between left and right arm. And I'm working on my PPT, so my form will improve. After watching athlete from F1 video i will add some space between the feet. I'm going to stay on PE1 for about two weeks to work on the glute activation more and feeling my lats. Thanks for the comment.