Hip Flexor injury

Started by animalhands, March 27, 2009 · 2 Replies · 3,367 Views

animalhands

I've been feeling great about my progress the past few days and on my off day I went climbing cause the weather was great. Afterwards I noticed that my left hip flexor felt real weird. After the drive home I needed help to get out of the car. My hip flexor seized up and was terribly sore. Any movement brought some pain. My hips are hyperflexible, and after thinking about it I realizd that for about two weeks now my left hip has felt really unstable. I know now that I need to take some time off (there is a lot of bruising around the area now) but I am wondering what future exercises I should do to strengthen these muscles. I've been working planche and handstands mostly with the static holds.

RLLs in a HeS have been pretty easy for me. Should I try them weighted? Hanging? Any ideas? I'm guessing at least three weeks off probably more though :evil: . Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Coach Sommer

Straddle L variations and hip extensions should help substantially with the problem.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

animalhands

Well then straddle Ls it is.