This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Arch hold - Why feet together?

Started by The Hansenator, January 18, 2014 · 28 Replies · 629 Views

Prometheus

The main problem I have with everything together is that I end up crushing my wiener. Is there a way to prevent this...?

Joshua Slocum
Prometheus said:

The main problem I have with everything together is that I end up crushing my wiener. Is there a way to prevent this...?

Tuck before you arch :)

Micawberian
Prometheus said:

The main problem I have with everything together is that I end up crushing my wiener. Is there a way to prevent this...?

Some of us were born lucky, and some of us were unfortunately not. Until, ABH and ABR came along. Us unlucky men are suddenly lucky in something...

The Hansenator
Hmms said:

You want to get more gluteus Maximus activation. The farther the feet are the less on glute max and the more focus on glute medius. The primary goal of arch isn't to work on gluteus medius activation.

That's the answer I was looking for!

I know I need more glute max activation. Glute medius is plenty active but, if feet together better works the glute max and hip extension, than that's what I'll do.

My compliance tends to be better when I understand why things are done a certain way.