This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Form check: SL/PE1

Started by KenW, January 10, 2014 · 5 Replies · 174 Views

Joakim Anderson

You should concentrate on having your knees completely locked out straight. Your arms are pretty low and your head moved from looking forward to looking down during the set. If I were you I would shorten the time to just 10 seconds or something and work on getting better form before putting in longer times. Looks like you're gonna be able to fix these things pretty easily though.

KenW

Thank you for your responses.  Here is the equivalent of a one rep max to test out mobility.  This is not something I can hold for a full 10 seconds yet, but I did it to see if the mobility was sufficient.  I think you see me shaking all over the place to get this 4 second shot.  Your feedback will help me tailor my approach to this.  If mobility is not an issue then I will just over again with Week 1 with the ROM you see in the video.  If mobility is an issue, I will stay at week 1 until my mobility gets to where it needs to be. 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVp2NZQhrd8

LateStarter@46

I think your ROM looks good except for your thoracic extension - if it was better you'd be able to get your arms higher. So maybe add in some mobilising exercises for this region of your back.

If you are a photographer, watch your posture! :-)

KenW

I tried again with trying to increase thoracic extension.  New video was no different than the 2nd video posted here.  I'm going to have to do some mobility work on this.  I believe some of the handstand mobility work may help here.  Do you agree?

 

Is the ROM in the 2nd video good enough to pass If it was 5 x 60s or does there need to be better thoracic extension.