No more WODs?

Started by Tullaris, December 20, 2013 · 8 Replies · 4,106 Views

Tullaris

Hi guys, I've been trying some of the WODs in forum archive. I've read the old BtGB and I trained some gymnastic in addition to parkour. Before that I did some martial arts.

 

So my question is, will the old WODs be private from now? Since they got moved to restricted part of forum?

Flameous

Yes, many newcomers kept hurting themselves (or didn't progress) trying to do the WODs and for this specific reason we have Foundation around.

 

WODs are available for those who have shown required foundational strength and mobility.

Alessandro Mainente

Because WOD are an advanced tool, useful for people who have mastered at least the foundation work or more.

Tullaris

Seems a bit drastic to hide them completely. But I guess me crying about it won't change anything :).

Cory Fair
Tullaris said:

Seems a bit drastic to hide them completely. But I guess me crying about it won't change anything :).

 

It was an unintentional bug that some members could still see it. We gave warning about this months and months ago, so it's not a sudden change in policy.

Aadil Siddiqi

Is Hungarian the prerequisite for the WODs?  :tent:

Wundaba

Hi!

 

I'm new to the forum, not new to gymnastics though. I'm very interested in the workouts of the day, but can't access them.

Is there some way to prove that I have the required foundational strength and mobility?

Coach Sommer

As I have mentioned previously, I now consider the old GB WODs as an intermediate training tool.  As such they will only become available to those who have certified thru Foundation Four.  

 

No, self certification is not sufficient.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mats Trane
Coach Sommer said:

As I have mentioned previously, I now consider the old GB WODs as an intermediate training tool.  As such they will only become available to those who have certified thru Foundation Four.  

 

No, self certification is not sufficient.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

This is a very good idea! I used to do the Wods when they were around (before foundation). I thought I could handle it and it felt like I could handle it BUT what I did not know was that my joints were NOT ready for it. This led to small injuries which later turned into a shoulder that has been bad for almost a YEAR! 

Do the foundation and follow the progressions and stay healthy!