Low back pain and MRI results

Started by mlaen, December 14, 2013 · 2 Replies · 4,499 Views

mlaen

Just a brief intro: most of the time I feel just fine, but every few months (depends on activity) I get low back pain. But it hurts only if I bend (very strong sharp pain), and sometime it is very hard to get back up. I just feel it in my back (not in the legs or enywhere else).

I'm very stiff and I have been sterching regulary for past three months (but most of that stretching have been ineffective as I learned ater many articles and videos).

Probably important: I'm doing F1 & H1 program since september.

 

 

MRI  of lumbar spine

Technique:  multi-sequential, multi-planar scan (Siemens Magnet 1.5 tesla)

Normal height and structure of vertebral bodies.
Smaller Schmorlove's hernias on the  end planes of L2 L3 and L4
Intravertebral space is maintained.
T11-T12 small subligmental paramedial protrusion of the disc to the right ,in contact with the dura and  the root of the 11th thoracic nerve.
L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4 - normal width of spinal canal without visible protrusion of the disc
L4-L5 minimal bulging of the disc in contact with the dural sac. The width of  the lateral recesses is maintained. Prominent for age arthrosis of smaller
joints. L5-S1 normal width of the spinal canal. Prominent arthrotic changes of small joints.

 

I have bolded the stuff that worries me. Could that be the reason for such a pain? Do you guys have any advice for me? Do you think stretching and F1 work will help?

 

I will go see another doctor with this but he cannot give me training/stretching advice as you can.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you provide!

mlaen

Oh and another thing... take a look at this:

 

9inZ05Ws.png

 

I suppose that beeing 27 years old is a bit too old to start fixing this?

Prometheus

I am a medical student, so don't know much of anything yet. I do know though, that about 30% of people with NO pain, discomfort, etc. have something that would show up in an MRI of the spine as 'wrong' with you. Back pain is a difficult, and extremely common problem for us humans.

 

27 is not too old either.