Stall bar width

Started by Bipocni, December 9, 2013 · 31 Replies · 19,391 Views

Xcel
Cole Dano said:

You could also just run one dowel all the way across.

This is exactly what I planned on doing.  I'm using 2x6's for my uprights.  I will sister an additional 2x6 to each of the end uprights due to structural reasons (this thing is much bigger than stall bars), and have one (or two) 2x6 in the middle acting as the "separation" between the "double" stall bars but adding structural integrity to my 6' long dowel.  FWIW I was recommended by a family wood worker to drill the holes in the middle upright 1/16" - 1/8" larger than my dowels just to make it an easier fit, but I'm skeptical because I want to eliminate any possibility of sag in the dowel.

Xcel
Ryan Bailey said:

Cole:

So we are talking about using rods such as this?:

http://www.amazon.com/1-1-Red-Curtain-Closet-Dowel/dp/B0093LF8LS/ref=pd_cp_60_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z3QV6KS6V46EG4FH2DW

Xcel:

I read in a review, the dowel's are actually 1/16th inch off (more narrow) than advertised already.

Ryan

Ryan,

 

Here is the link to what I got.  I'm pretty certain I got the White Oak but I cannot find my paperwork at this time and can't tell by looking.  I tried to do some research when I bought them to get whichever was stronger, Red or White Oak.  I've taken two different tape measures to mine and they are both coming in precisely 1'1/2" so I guess it varies depending on manufacturer.  

 

http://www.bairdbrothers.com/White-Oak-1-12-Dowel-Rod-DR112-P4272.aspx

crashnburn

The following I'd love to hear how you are visualizing them. 

- Some Parallel Bar extension/ attachment that can be added? 

- I cant visualize the RLL thing you mentioned. 

 

Keilani Gutierrez said:

have a drawing you can attach? kind of hard to say.

i made my stall bars that way because in the future i'd make an attachable parallel bar extension that i can also drape a box like frame to use as a RLL station

I am still unclear on what kind of P-bar extension and how you are thinking of attaching it? And what kind of box like frame on it for RLLs? 

Keilani Gutierrez said:

i would do this home project again to make a separate set of stall bars or simply make one long(wide) enough to put another beam in the middle and use this for the elements coach points to that appear in H2, especially. 

Apologies, but I cant find any connection in this reply to the previous post I am trying to visualize/ understand? 

crashnburn

Are these typical prices or would dowels from Home Depot/ Lowes type of local stores be cheaper? 

Romulo
crashnburn said:

The following I'd love to hear how you are visualizing them. 

- Some Parallel Bar extension/ attachment that can be added? 

- I cant visualize the RLL thing you mentioned. 

 

I am still unclear on what kind of P-bar extension and how you are thinking of attaching it? And what kind of box like frame on it for RLLs? 

Apologies, but I cant find any connection in this reply to the previous post I am trying to visualize/ understand?

 

dip-bar.jpg

 

dip-bar-holz-vinyl.jpg

 

And for the drawing:

 

https://www.artimexsport.com/images/pdf/desen-270-fi.pdf

 

Maybe it´s something similar to that.

Nick Ebner

Hey All, 

    I am purchasing Armitex Custom Steel Stall Bars for my space. I am purchasing these for straddle work. However, I need to figure the width. They can make them as wide as I need but there will not be a middle post. if 35 inches is the standard single rack width, should my custom set up be 70 inches? What is optimal?

here is a link to the standard bars. https://www.artimex-sport.com/us/products/steel-stall-bars-in-black-7-6-high-code-221-metal-2659 - I will be using the 3 rectangular pipes mounting option. 

Thanks