I’m considering to buy these stall bars:
http://www.eurogym.be/documents/graphics/fotos-catalogus/sportraampje2.jpg
They’re 215x100cm (85x40 inches).
The topmost bar is offset a bit to the front. The bars are round instead of oval, but maybe that’s not too bad?
215cm is a bit too low for me if I want to be able to hang freely without my feet touching the floor, so I intend to mount it about 25cm higher (10 inches). By doing this I will lose a bar close to the floor. The lowest one will be about 30-35 cm (12-14 inch) from the floor.
In gymnastic rooms, the stall bars usually have a gap between the 2nd and the 3rd bar (counting from the top). This one doesn’t have that gap. Would this be a problem? I can see it would be difficult to do Russian leg lifts on them without putting a lot of stress on the neck (my head won’t be able to tilt backwards). Maybe there are other disadvantages?
My questions:
- Do you think that they would be adequate for doing the foundation series?
- If I mount them higher, will it be a problem that I don’t have a bar close to the floor?
- Will it be a problem that I don’t have the “gap†that you usually see in stall bars?
- Do you see other problems?
Thanks for your help,
Mark