Barrage of Questions

Started by eruiluvatar, December 5, 2013 · 5 Replies · 2,069 Views

eruiluvatar

Hello everyone,

 

I was wondering...if and when anyone has the time of course...

 

Can I do F1 completely on its own and then proceed to do H1 all on its own?

 

What is meant by correct tempo in F1? (does it just mean a steady rhythm, whether slow or fast?)

 

I do MMA - do you guys think it is practical to do MMA along with the Foundation Series or will it be too physically demanding?

 

Thanks in advance!

Eru

Joshua Slocum

1. What do you mean by F1 on its own and then H1 on its own? 

 

2. The most important factor is that you be controlled. The tempo demonstrated in the videos is a good place to start, but you may find you are more comfortable going a little slower or faster. 

 

3. As long as your MMA training doesn't already involve lots of strength work, you should be fine. 

Bipocni

You can finish F1 before you start H1 if you want, but it wouldn't make sense to do so.  Especially if you plan to finish H1 before starting F2, because you would have lost a lot of the strength you built doing F1...

eruiluvatar

What I meant was that I would do F1 and once completed I would then progress to H1 - I just dont' see how I can do F1+H1+MMA all together...it would just be too tiring for me I think.  If the idea is to avoid injury and as a result avoid having to take 2-3 weeks off everytime I injured myself...just seems like a bit much.


 

Boxing on its own is quite taxing on the arms, muay thai on the legs, and jiu jitsu taxes the core quite a bit.  I dunno...trying to find a compromise.  I am thinking I will have to let go of one or two of the activities just so I can do F1.  To factor in H1 at the same time just seems like I'm asking for trouble...

 

Bipocni

H1 has very little actual work in it.  there's some wrist prep, a handful of balancing sets and some mobility work.  It's basically a seventh the size of F1.  You should be able to add it to your workout without any problem.

eruiluvatar

excellent!  ty so much for your help!