This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What if I don't feel deload as a deload

Started by Adriano Augusto, December 4, 2013 · 7 Replies · 339 Views

Adriano Augusto

Hello family,

 

I've a doubt about deload weeks. Now I'm doing week 12 with HBP/PE3, PPPu, and I don't feel it 5x5 scheme as a deload at all, I'm still struggle with it, like a real workout.

 

It's not same a planche leans or FL/PE2, that it becomes almost as a "rest" the whole scheme compared to mastery sets.

 

So, what should I do? Build that endurance with continuous microcicles of week 9 to 12, or go back to week 5?

 

Any advice would be great.

 

Thanks in advance!

Christian

Haven't experinced this, but I had a "problem" with the PPP myself last training. I had last time 4x8 and was aiming for 4x9, but only managed 4x5... I checked after the first set by filming and comparing myself with the previous one, and I was leaning considerably more this day.

 

So this might be your case too, that since you know it's less reps you lean more than usual without realizing?

Keegan Y

There have been times in the past where I have felt that I needed to not only Deload the sets/reps, but also decrease the frequency of training or even take a full week off during a scheduled Deload week.

Like Christian said, if you inadvertently leaned more than usual and thus made the exercise harder, then that would explain the greater perceived effort. But if not it may simply be your body telling you that it needs more rest and was having a hard time recovering from your previous micro cycle.

You could have always just had a bad workout day as well (didn't sleep well the night before, more stress at work that week, family stress, poor nutrition, or fighting off illness/depressed immune system could all be potential contributors to having a poor performance during your exercise routine).

Thomas H.

Change your training parameters while Deload week: decrease frequency, rest time between sets, repetions, sets, ...

Concentrate more on form, body tenion, etc...

Don`t think to strict in "numbers" while deload. Listen to your body and experiment a bit. That would be my advice :)

Jerry Mangona

When my deload weeks feel anything more than a 3-4 on a 1-10 scale, I will repeat the mini cycle. If it feels more like a 6-7, then. I will go back two mini-cycles. I know that this might slow down my "progress", but what I've found is that unless my deload weeks feel easy, I end up over training and eventually getting injured.

The flip side is that I really get to make sure that I've got solid form before I move forward. Would love to hear what others do.

Alex Chubb

I would look at the problem more than just a Deload and question how well I am recovering as well. Nine hours of sleep a night? Ect.

Adriano Augusto

Thanks for the answers guys.

 

Recovering is not an issue because I sleep 9-10h every single day: I go to sleep around midnight and I wake up around 9am, I've a tremendous bed routine because it is a single factor that determines everything in your life.

 

So, food issues neither. I eat pretty well. Stress not an all, I'm a snail in this way, and I follow Snoopy's recomendation: The secret of life is to reduce your worries to a minimum. So, no probem there. 

 

I think the answer is what Christian has said: I tried better form because my mastery week on PPP was horrible so these 5 reps I wanted to go perfect, and of course, I got tired soon. The funny thing is I think I have pressing weak links because even with Pushups I had a lot of troubles in last weeks (9 to 12). With PU I tried to scale a microcicle to week 5 to 9 but it was easy, so I thought that I had to build endurance. Maybe it is the same thing with PPP? Do I have just build endurance with perfect form? 

 

Thanks!