This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tricky deload week 12 is tricky

Started by emilianop, November 13, 2013 · 3 Replies · 242 Views

emilianop

Expectations before week 12 workout: man, this is gonna be SOOO easy, it's half the volume I was doing last week, I was able to do the whole 5 sets, what could go wrong?

 

Implementation during workout: you know what? I'll double-triple-check my form and correct every possible detail.

 

Realization during workout: OMG! I've been doing it wrong this whole time! THIS is the real thing and it's harder!

 

Final lesson: reboot the last micro-cycle all over again. There's more than 1 ego, you put aside one, its friends are still there tricking you.

 

(sorry, I had to do this :) )

 

 

jaz

I'm used to recording myself once every two weeks and it's always useful (either for correction or motivation) when there's not a coach around you

Cole Dano

I'm not sure that was Coach Sommer's intention, but I've had the same experience many times - breakthroughs in understanding or strength thanks to taking those 'easy' weeks.

emilianop

Yep, I should record myself more often, you're right.

I do it when I test things, and that's it.

Obviously at that time form sucks, because you're testing (and you're failing sooner or later) so you're "expected" not to be in optimal form. I should pay much more attention to what happens during the following weeks...