GST retry! Question on Handstands.

Started by Plogen, November 28, 2013 · 3 Replies · 20,909 Views

Plogen

Hello everyone, going for another GST round!

 

 

I have decent amounts of strength but am a wreck when it comes to mobility.

I have started working on Killroy70s template this week and enjoy it more than ever (have tried it before couple of years ago, quit when I started crossfit but now I'm back due to being at an Ido Portal workshop and getting motivation to yet again pursue GST :-)). Killroy70 only works my strength though which isn't really my biggest issue, I'm interested in the foundation courses mostly due to the integrated mobility, and I'm sure the exercises won't neglect strength anyway, so I'll go ahead and purchase the foundation course very soon! :-)

 

My question is, I have a decent handstand - haven't maxed any hold lately, but it's well over a minute freestanding. I need to work loads on the bodyline and shoulder flexibility though.

1. Will Handstand 1 be worth buying purely for gaining flexibility and perhaps endurance and wrist conditioning or will it be sufficient with the Foundation series?

2. Will the workouts be more interesting than simple holds, which I'm doing right now in my warmup sets anyway.

3. Can it be merged with foundation?

 

I'm very motivated to be consistent in this kind of training and would appreciate any feedback from you guys, cheers! :-)

Christian

Purchasing handstand 1 is well worth it. The mobility and body line drills even the first ones are making huge improvements in my HS and I also have a solid up to 1 min HS.

The workouts will be mobility and holds paired together. If  your handstand already has a good line and your not just good with endurance, you might go for a higher focus on the mobility exercises and endurance and doing a free standing session afterwards as the the free standing HS comes late. But don't skip the mobility exercises, I am milking the first 2 and making excellent mobility progress just from these.

 

And yes it can be merged with foundation. Usually we do it before the Foundation workout.

Plogen

Thank you Christian, that made my decision very simple! :-)

 

Cheers

Bipocni
Plogen said:

......I have started working on Killroy70s template this week and enjoy it more than ever (have tried it before couple of years ago, quit when I started crossfit......

Interesting.  I seem to remember Killroy went the other way....