Hi
I am member at the site (bin reading it for some time now), so I'll just start off with quick summary of my training background:
- I never really trained much when I was younger, but I have always bin active and never really out of shape
- After beginning at university I started with some basic strength training
- This training evolved into more of a powerlifting regimen
- The last year I have bin doing crossfit, though through this, I got introduced to gymnastics which for me had much more of an appeal
- I am now getting professional gymnastics lessons once a week, though I am still a newbie at mostly everything gymnastics have to offer
I have bin plpaying around a bit with gymnastics, and have bin able to do a couple of more complex exercises (advanced tuck FL for about 30 sec, a straddle BL for 10sec, a tuck planche for 15s++), though I feel like I am in need of a better foundation to avoid injuring myself. As the name implies, foundation one seems like a good fit for my needs. I have seen the rough outline of the program at a friends, though I do however have a couple of questions before I invest in the foundation series myself:
- I'm used to training 5-6days a week, so I was thinking of going for the 5-days a week template. However, is it still doable to do some of my olympic weightlifting training whenever I feel like I have the extra energy? In which case I would do F1 (and perhaps H1 too if I decide to invest in it:) )in the morning and implementing some olympic lifting 1-3 evenings a week or so depending on how my body adapts to F1(will start off by just going F1 ofc).
- I recently had an issue with a bulging disc that gave my sciatic pain, and pike stretches seem to aggravate this badly. Even though I do olympic lifts ass-to-grass, I seriously lack hamstring and groin/inner thigh flexibility, so I do need to work on it one way or another. I was recently attending a seminar with Ido Portal, and he showed a couple of good ways to work on hamstring flexibility. Is this something I could be doing instead untill my lower back/spinal stability issue is settled? Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated:)
- With regards to progressions in F1, I have tried some of them and even though I had no problem doing a lot of the later progressions with the required time/reps, I feel like I would do myself good by starting more "from scratch". Would it be a good idea to start F1 from week 6 at the first two progressions, and then start at week 1 from the 3.? (Which is where the first exercise I cant do the full week 11 progression is)
Looking forward to getting a systematic start at this, so as soon as I feel confident in where I am going, I will start on my journey to concour the foundation series:D
Regards from the North!
​