This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090303

Started by Coach Sommer, March 3, 2009 · 6 Replies · 1,203 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090303.jpg

Complete 4 rounds:

3 Negative Side Lever Pulls (on each side)

10 Front Lever Pulls

5 Back Pulls

notes:

1) Rest 20-30 seconds each between each movement.

2) You may rest 2-3 minutes between rounds.

3) Negative Side Lever Pulls are found on BtGB, pg. 141. Perform them as slowly as possible.

4) Today’s Front Lever Pulls should be performed with a rhythmic, fluid motion. Make sure to completely extend the elbows during the extension into front lever and pull the chin completely over the bar on each pull-up.

5) It is acceptable to adjust the body position used during the Back Pulls as needed. However, once you decide upon a particular body position, you must remain with it for the duration of the workout.

Nobodystopsdblob

Forgive me for asking but I am at work and my book is at home but can somebody give me a brief description of back pulls? I am sure I have done them before but I am still learning all the terms. I normally look up all the exercises in the morning before coming to work since I workout on my lunch break but today's WOD was not posted before I left. Help...?

JoeS
Nobodystopsdblob said:
Forgive me for asking but I am at work and my book is at home but can somebody give me a brief description of back pulls? I am sure I have done them before but I am still learning all the terms. I normally look up all the exercises in the morning before coming to work since I workout on my lunch break but today's WOD was not posted before I left. Help...?

It's going from a German hang (skin the cat end position) to an inverted hang for reps, in whatever tuck that you can handle.

Nobodystopsdblob

Thank you.

Complete 4 rounds:

3 Negative Side Lever Pulls (on each side)

hop up to advance tuck of sorts and negative

10 Front Lever Pulls

felt good, broken sets with a small pike

5 Back Pulls

advanced tuck feet parallel to floor

"Barbara"

Five rounds, each for time of:

20 Pull-ups

30 Push-ups

40 Sit-ups

50 Squats

Did one round in 5 minutes 20 seconds. Depending on what is up for tomorrow I might give all 5 rounds a go. I was just fried after the first workout.

Laney

QUESTION:: I know this has been asked before, but I am not the most technologically inclined and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get my videos off of youtube and onto my workout log here. HELP..?

Jonathan Lin

So your youtube video url looks something like: http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rL1RtQJCY&feature=related

Now copy this part here, after the "v=" and before the "&": http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=32rL1RtQJCY&feature=related

Paste it into your reply, highlight it, and click the 'youtube' button in the reply window (it is on the far right icon below the subject line on your reply window)

hope that helps,

Jlin

Jason Stein

4x:

3 Negative Tuck Side Lever Pulls (L+R)

10 FL Pulls

5 Straddle Back Pulls

Neg. side levers were more of a skip and a hop. Noticed big discrepancy between arms.