This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Putting it all together

Started by Jon Douglas, November 14, 2013 · 30 Replies · 274 Views

Jon Douglas
Christian said:

Found a vid of a forum member (though he hasnt been active in a while) doing sorta like it on a dream machine. Check out 00:21 - 00:25.

Now he bends the arms a bit and is on a dream machine. In the version we were told, it would be elbow supported.

 

EDIT:

 

Found this vid where they so it exactly as I am trying to say. They do without elbow support in the vid, but again our version is elbow supported:

 

 

alex87 said:

Here in Italy we use the concept of roll with SA or BA and bent body or straight body.

in that case backward roll to support with BA and bent body is what is showed in the video.

the azarian on the other side is a backward roll to cross with both SA and SB

Thanks a lot, the combination of those two posts illustrates it really well.

 

I'll investigate this further. Until I do, I'd appreciate any advice/pointers on approaching the training of these, if you guys feel like being especially generous :)

Christian

I'm still chasing my 0,5 test :-) I'll let people more experienced give the tips. ( and ask coach in London)

Christian

Here's a good vid showing with straps, check out 1:52 - 1:58. (just stop in support and don't go to cross)

 

Daniel Burnham

From the COP: Found in element group 1 Swing and Kip skills.

post-2228-0-32457900-1384964242_thumb.pn

 

Azarian is a more advanced straight arm move. Yes it is a felge to a cross and can be initiated from a deadhang.  As you can imagine it feels a bit different since you never go to support. You should only work these after you have a pretty decent cross.  You can work them in straps after you have a solid strap cross.

 

Edit:  I do not recommend working a felge on training rings.  The swing is beneficial at first to help you through the movement.  The backwards rolls are fine to work on training rings as they user little momentum and are basically a bent arm strength conditioning exercise.

 

Double edit:  Also I talking in the strictest sense of the felge and how it is listed in the code.  I think felge in german just refers to any roll.  So if you look at the slow front roll it is also called a felge in the german code of points.  Just know there is a distinction between the slow roll what I call a backwards roll and the "Felge" which is more of a swing element.  Just my nomenclature. 

Joshua Slocum

As a matter of terminology, 'felge' is used in the code to mean a backwards roll, with or without swing. 

 

Colloquially, in the US, 'a felge' refers to the skill Daniel just posted; a basic swinging skill. 

Jon Douglas

Got it. Well, that was a fun discussion but i guess this is a couple steps down a path i don't really know anything about. Back to rope climbs...